I have NO eyebrows. Am I a candidate for transplant? I do not want scars if the transplant fails. (photos)

It's awful not having eyebrows. It takes 30 minutes everyday to draw. They never look the same. I am so self conscious when I am outdoors, at gym, going to the beach, etc. I can't get my face wet in public because my illustrated eyebrows will disappear.

Eyebrow Transplant?

Thank you for your question and photos.  This is pretty common and most do not know we are able to transplant to the eyebrow region.  This procedure takes the hair from the back of your scalp area (we try to harvest the finer hairs to match the natural eyebrow hairs) and then we outline the design of the eyebrows that you desire.  Next, the hairs are then transplanted into the eyebrow region.  The results can be quite beautiful and natural appearing.  I hope this helps and best wishes to you!

Eyebrow transplant - depends on cause

It is often possible to have an eyebrow transplant ...  but it really comes down to the cause. Get a diagnosis first and then proceed from there. Some conditions are possible to transplant ...  some are not and will not work. 

I have no eyebrows

Yes, you can have an eyebrow transplant using the hair from the back of your head. I have performed these surgeries on some of the most promenent women in Hollywood

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

I sympathize with your issue and it is also more common than you would think. An eyebrow hair transplant could definitely be a long term solution for you.  Neograft FUE Hair Transplants used for eyebrows is a highly successful and permanent solution for most of these cases. The donor area typically resides along the rear or side regions of the patient’s scalp, the same area that would be used for any hair transplant.
Once we have extracted the required amount of hair, we transplant individual follicular units in the desired areas, to restore bald areas and create a natural-looking eyebrow. It is very important that your transplanted hairs for your eyebrows are done in a way that harmonizes well with your eyes. Once we harvest the hair we will also make sure that is implanted at the right angle to replicate original growth. Because the transplanted hair will come from the back of the head, it also requires us to match natural colour of the area being transplanted. These hairs will initially grow faster and will require trimming for the 1st year or two. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrows are tremendously important form of self expression and behind the hairline, they are the secondary frame for your facial features.   Design of the eyebrows is critical as the right design will highlight facial features.  Angles and directionality of the hair growth also key factor in an undetectable result.  Your 2 options in reducing the daily grind would be:

1.  micro pigmentation:  using organic pigment (that can fade over a course of 3-5 years and will need retouching) a similar look to the picture on the right you have attached can be created.  There are limitations to this technique and generally 2-3 sessions are needed to create the perfect brow. 

2.  Transplantation:  artistry in this procedure key in design and angulation of your new brow.  Growth begins at the 2nd month post procedure and in about 6 months you will have 50% of your results.  The first year, you will need to trim your brows twice weekly, then once weekly the second year.  By the end of the second year, trimming will be needed once every few weeks. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Eyebrow transplant

Being a candidate for a transplant would require more information that what can be obtained on this forum.  In general based on your pictures you are a candidate...however its important to know the root cause of your eyebrow loss to determine if you would be a good candidate.  For example if you lost your eyebrows due to a condition called alopecia areata, then you would not be a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant.  If you lost your brows from over plucking, you would be a better candidate.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have no eyebrow hairs, you may be a good candidate for eyebrow transplant surgery.

If you have no eyebrow hairs, you may be a good candidate for eyebrow transplant surgery.  It is a common surgery for women who have no eyebrow hairs.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon