I think I've found a doctor! Will I be able to have everything done at once? (photos)

I'm 6' tall ,182lbs, in the last 2yrs I've gained 46lbs due to a bad accident, I have never been this big, and all of the weight went right to my hips thighs and stomach, I had a c section 17 yrs ago so I've had a small pooch for yrs, it has to go, I need my body back. I want a mommy makeover, hip, inner/outer thigh lipo and back & flanks . Will I be able to have everything done at once?

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for the question and photos.  Most plastic surgeons will likely be fine with combining a tummy tuck, breast augmentation/lift, and liposuction.  This will vary from surgeon to surgeon and from patient to patient depending on how much work is involved as well as any health issues.

Dr Remus Repta

I think I've found a doctor!

Safety first! Go in and talk to your chosen surgeon to find out what combination of procedures can be done safely. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

If you are in good overall health you should be able to have a tummy tuck with lipo of back, thighs and flanks. This is a question for your surgeon and your primary care physician however. Generally speaking you want to keep your anesthesia/surgery time to under four to six hours, which your procedure likely will be. Review you medical history again with your plastic surgeon if you are uncertain.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy Makeover - Will I be able to have everything done at once?

There are 2 aspects to your questions: Ideal weight before surgery and safety of combination surgery.

Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children and get your weight within 10 pounds of your ideal weight and have a BMI of 30 or less before undergoing an Mommy Makeover with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles and liposuction of selective areas, in order to achieve the best long term cosmetic result with the least potential complications.

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, the extent of the procedures, your medical history, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Most surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.

Having said all of that, many ethical well trained plastic surgeons would feel that the combination you are asking about is excessive and has significant risks factors if performed in one stage.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do without seeing photos and more importantly without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice.The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California.

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Multiple surgeries

When considering multiple surgeries one needs to consider the safety issues. Your general health, the magnitude of the surgery, how many areas are traumatized by the surgery, and the length of time to perform the surgery with the attention to details that cosmetic surgery requires.
Surgery is a trauma to the body and the body needs to heal from that trauma. Any surgery, any trauma incites a cascade od inflammatory response in the body that is important for healing and can cause major problems.
Do not push your body to the limits. 

Combined Procedures Such as in a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Multiple surgeries

Hi, Rahgeez.  Multiple procedures are commonly done safely when they are performed by experienced surgeon and done for the right patients.  If you have "found a doctor," please discuss with him/her all potential risks, complications, benefits, and alternatives for the surgery.  Talk with him/her about steps to minimize surgical and post-surgical risks.  Best wishes.

Mommy makeover Candidate. Some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.! 

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I recommend you perform a Breast Lift to treat the sagging breast skin getting a good projection, and also Implants "Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants" with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.

Also, with the Tummy Tuck, I would like to perform weist and lateral liposuction to give you a better body contour.
In this regard, for safety reasons, to be a good candidate for TT+ weist/lateral Lipo + BL w/ Implant Exchange, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation should be in optimal ranges, that allows us to make a safe procedure. It's very important to make a pre-op preparation before the surgery, advising the patient to take certain measures that helps to have a successful surgery with very good results.

Best regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  We combine these procedures often in our practice to produce beautiful overall results in our patients. If a patient is a good candidate, as your appear to be, and is in good health, there is no reason that these procedures cannot be done together.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, discuss your goals and address your concerns .  Then together you can build a surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired look.

Best regards,

Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Lipo during mommy makeover

These surgeries together can be done safely.  I usually have another physician help me to keep the surgical time below 6 hours.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD