Hematoma after abdominoplasty and lipo?
Doctor Answers 3
Abdominoplasty and liposuction - hematoma care
- I assume your doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Without at least a photo and ideally an examination, one cannot give only general advice.
- A hematoma irritates the skin and will leave a lot of swelling.'
- But hematomas can reform and need to be drained a second time.
- It is best to direct your questions to your surgeon -
- An ultrasound will show if there is a new hematoma (blood collection) or seroma (fluid collection)
- If for some reason you don't trust your surgeon, consider an in-person second opinion.
Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.