Hematoma after abdominoplasty and lipo?

On July7i had the surgery. On July18the doctor drained a hard lump that had dark blood coming out of it with a long wood stick that looks like aq-tip. The lump is back with minimal bleeding my lower abdomen is very tight and swollen and I cannot stand up straight. Any suggestions?

Abdominoplasty and liposuction - hematoma care

Thank you for asking about your abdominoplasty.
  • I assume your doctor is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Without at least a photo and ideally an examination, one cannot give only general advice. 
  • A hematoma irritates the skin and will leave a lot of swelling.'
  • But hematomas can reform and need to be drained a second time.
  • It is best to direct your questions to your surgeon -
  • An ultrasound will show if there is a new hematoma (blood collection) or seroma (fluid collection)
  • If for some reason you don't trust your surgeon, consider an in-person second opinion.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

This should be treated with radiofrequency, massage, and drainage.  I suggest you see an expert, this needs to be treated appropriately so no scar or infection form.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Abdominoplasty issue

Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to say what is best for you in terms of treatment. You need to see you surgeon and follow closely. If it is a fluid or blood collection it may need drainage.