Can I get a fuller breasts with breast augmentation, without breast lift? (photos)

After pregnancy and breastfeeding I ended up with bottom heavy 36C. I have been researching for a while now, and I know I don't want a breast lift and all the scars that seem to come with it. I understand there would be some scars with breast augmentation and fine with it. My question is, can I achieve the fuller look I want only with augmentation or will I end up with saggy bigger breasts( from what you can only see from the picture). Appriciate the hard work you put into answering our questions.

Augmentation with or without a lift

This is a common question among women considering breast rejuvenation. Is a lift needed? My best advice would be to see a board certified surgeon with breast lift and augmentation experience. At an in-person consultation, the surgeon will be able to tell if a lift is needed. It is often difficult to tell from photos online.

In my office I often see women with the same concern. Although the scars associated with a breast lift may not be desirable, the alternative of overfilling the breast to attempt a lift is a poor substitute. The hanging lower glandular tissue will always be visible spoiling the overall shape of the breast.

You need to be seen by a Plastic surgeon. From your photos it would appear that you could have a nice result with an augmentation. You could consider a sub-glandular placement (that is above the muscle.) You should also consider a shaped, "gummy bear"  implant. Have an examination by a plastic surgeon, and they can better advise you.

Stephan Finical, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Is a lift needed

A breast augmentation will give a slight lift to the breasts, but does not take the place of a breast lift.  It is best for you to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get the most accurate information.  Some factors to consider are how big of an implant do you want, how much fullness is desired, would a modified lift with less incisions be an option.  Best of luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Fuller breast with a breast augmentation without a lift?

That is a great question.It is very common to want a breast augmentation and to also avoid a lift.That being said, you are in the gray zone.I would hope that you could have a breast augmentation without a lift, but truthfully, I could not give you an honest answer without an examination.I wish you the best of luck.

Breast Lift with Implants

What has happened to your breasts is very natural. Due to weight loss or pregnancy many women's breasts will deflate over time. The solution is either to fill up the excess skin that you do have with an implant, tighten the skin with a lift, or some combination of the two. An augmentation with an implant will result in less scarring but your breasts will still be lower on your chest. The lift is appealing to some women because it is more natural and does not require an implant, but there is much more scarring involved. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast enhancement should be able to help you determine what will give you the results you're looking for.

Breast aug without lift

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation without needing a lift. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of the American society of aesthetic plastic surgeons. He/she will be able to provide you with a better idea in terms of results. Best of luck with your people procedure. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or implants alone?

Your arms appear elevated. It is best to say with the arms down. If you have saggy breasts, implants alone usually are not enough.

Filler breasts from augmentation alone

From the photos provided it appears that your nipple position is not excessively low on the breasts.  In this case, implants alone can often provide a significant improvement in fullness and shape without the need for a breast lift.  A plastic surgeon could confirm this for you after a physical exam.

Thank you for your question.  Answering your question simply based on photographs does not take the place of an actual physical examination.  That being said, it appears that you have some degree of pseudoptosis that may benefit from some skin tightening (breast lift) that may be limited to below, and not around, the nipple and areola.  A breast augmentation without a lift, in your case, may be sufficient, at least initially, but you may soon end up with worsening pseudoptosis.  For these reasons, it is critical that you consult with two or more board certified plastic surgeons for a complete evaluation of not only your current breast size and shape but also your skin quality.  Your options and the possible short and long term results need to be explained to you before you make a decision.  

Natural proportional breast augmentation

With your arms up, it is less likely you will need a lift. If your arms are down will a breast augmentation correct your psuedoptosis problem. I think it would. The Vectra 3 dimensional imaging machine may be helpful to visualize what implants can do on there own. There are many types of breast lifts, that have different possible incisions with minimal scars. However, my preference for slightly saggy breasts is to use implants alone. The new gummi bear implants may be your best ally to get the best results. See a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck....

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon