Follow-up to question about uneven Voluma; what should I do? (Photo)

My face was not uneven prior to the Voluma cheek injections. Also it's been 3 weeks since the injections so it's not from swelling. Thanks

Uneven Voluma

Thank you for your question. At 3 weeks all of the swelling should be gone. Most patients have some small degree of asymmetry both pre and post injection. A small degree of this asymmetry is normal. You should return to your injector who can assess the unevenness. You may additional voluma or massage by your practitioner.

Uneven Voluma?

Thank you for your question. If it has been 3 weeks since your injection of Voluma and you are experiencing asymmetry, you should return to your injecting physician. Your injecting physician can examine the asymmetry and touch up with more Voluma in the areas needed.

Aymmetrty After Voluma

Thank you for your question and photo. Asymmetries are the norm in peoples face. If you divide the face in half and inspect both sides critically it becomes apparent that often there are one or many differences in: ear height, aperture of eyes, volume of the cheek, size of the jowl, depth of nasolabial fold etc etc
When I inject fillers the goal is to shape and contour the face and to balance asymmetries as much as possible but it would be unusual for the two sides to literally be identical. They should be extremely close with the difference being negligible. If after 3 weeks you feel you are still recognize a difference you should see your doctor who can touch up your injections and soften the asymmetry. 
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Voluma unevenness

Placing facial fillers requires time and patience. During the consolation, before pictures are taken and a discussion on where the fillers will be placed and any preexisting asymmetries are pointed out. 

Fillers are then placed, artistically, based on my vision on what would look the best for you. Right after filler placement, everything looks amazing, however, I have my patients return a week or two later to reevaluate and to see if more filler is needed. Sometimes a touch up is required to make things perfect. 

I would return to your treating provider and discuss your concerns. Facial fillers is an art and sometimes touchups are required which 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

The beauty of Voluma is that it is adjustable

Thank you for your question.  Voluma can be smoothed, dissolved (partially or completely), or more can be added.  The bottom line is that your best bet is to see your treating doctor and hear what he/she suggests.

After that, if you are not comfortable with the answer, you could consider a second opinion with another filler expert. 

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Need an exam

Check with your doctor so you can be evaluated in person regarding the asymmetry.
Massage can also help smooth out puffier areas.

Uneven after Voluma

Go to your provider and discuss with them. Pull up before and after pictures. Often these were present before injection. If not, a touch up can help make things more symmetric.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Unven Voluma

If you are still uneven from the injections you should return to your treating physician for examination and more filler to make the area symmetric.  Best, Dr. Green

Follow-up to question about uneven Voluma; what should I do? = follow up with the doctor that did it #voluma #cheeks

Cheek augmentation with voluma could be associated with mild asymmetries secondary to swelling. If the asymmetry persist after the swelling have has resolved, a touch up might be necessary to correct any residual asymmetry. Therefore, patients with this matter should contact the doctor that performed the voluma treatment. 

John Mesa, MD