How can I fix this, not sure if a mini facelift will do it? (Photo)

Doctor said mini facelift but not sure if thats going to slove the problem. When I pull the face the face looks pulled, definitely have xtra face on my neck but , don't know what to do now.

Mini Lift Is Good For Loose Skin and Early Jowls

You do look like a good candidate for a Mini Lift, as you have minimal jowls and sagging that will nevertheless benefit from a “lift” procedure. Simply pulling back on your face will not give you a clear idea of what the final result will look like. The skin is pulled both upward and outward and excess skin is removed. If you don't think this will give you results dramatic enough to be satisfying, talk to your surgeon about a full rhytidectomy. I hope this helps.

Lower facelift candidate

Thanks for sharing.  A mini facelift will help the jowl area.  A lower facelift will help both the jowl and neck areas.  They way you are pulling by your hands may not reflect how the surgeon would be pulling.  Also pulling with your hands in front of the mirror looks more pulled than the actual surgery.  An experienced facelift surgeon will accurately show you what can and cannot be achieved. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Mini Facelift targeting jowls and neck

Thank you for your picture, if your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for a local anaesthetic Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time.  

What are the benefits of the local anaesthetic Concept Facelift

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

Thank you for your question. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Please ask to see pictures of his past patients, a similar age to you, having a similar procedure.  This will give you a good indication of his work and the results he has achieved.  Also, site such as the one we are on, reading reviews from past patients, receiving realistic and genuine feedback.  

All the best with the procedure!

Mini Lift to solve the problem?

From your single photo, it appears as though you are a candidate for a mini lift.  There are other non surgical options that can also be considered to improve the cheek area.  An in office consultation and second opinion will allow for you to make the right decision.  Good luck.

Natural looking facelift

Thank you for posting your pictures.  Mini facelift should work very well to improve the aging changes that trouble you.  I would recommend you bring up your concern with looking pulled when discussing this procedure with your surgeon.  Most modern day facelift techniques are designed to create completely natural and "un-operated" look.  Faces that look pulled or stretched is for the most part a thing of the past.

Best wishes!

Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

Mini facelift

Thanks for your question. You seem to be fairly young to be considering a mini-facelift. I think you could likely get a nice improvement in your jawline using fillers or even fat grafting if you're looking for a longer-term fix. Your skin looks young and healthy, so I'd just suggest subtle tweaks here and there for now, and good skin care. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Will a Mini-Facelift Do It?

Hi and thanks for your question and photo.  I think that you are an excellent candidate for a mini-facelift.  I have done a few thousand facelifts and in my experience, you would do very well.  One thing that you have to be aware of is that comparing what I call a mini-facelift with what another surgeon calls a mini-facelift may not be comparing apples with apples as each surgeon has different training, experience and results.  It is important to look at the before and after results of your surgeon and make sure that they have a lot of experience to get the best possible result.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation.  Good luck.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Facelift NYC-MACS Lift

Hard to say from just photo and no physical exam, more info like age would help. However, it does appear that you have moderate jowl formation, and may benefit from a Mini-Facelift that I favor, called MACS Lift. It was designed for patients like yourself who are younger, with early signs of aging, that is not as extensive as a full facelift. Advantages include shorter scars, shorter operative time and faster recovery. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Mini-Facelifts, as it may be helpful. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

How can I fix this, not sure if a mini facelift will do it?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front),there is excess fat below the cheeks and jowls are present.  These factors combine to create a rectangularly shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.