How can I fix this, not sure if a mini facelift will do it? (Photo)

Doctor said mini facelift but not sure if thats going to slove the problem. When I pull the face the face looks pulled, definitely have xtra face on my neck but , don't know what to do now.

Facelifting is customized to the patient

Your photos demonstrates a oval/square face with relatively flat cheeks, and a downturned mouth with jowls.  There are infinite variations on facelifting techniques, with vector and incision design being just a few of the variables.  Most "mini-lifts" pull laterally (towards the ears), and slightly towards the temples in a limited fashion.  This approach would be limited in its ability to address your jowls and lower facial heaviness.  However, if you accomplished vertical elevation in the midface region via a temporal midface lift, combined with a "mini-lift", your results would be more substantial and lasting.  Obtain several consultations to get various opinions on your situation before proceeding with your surgical plan.  This will educate you thoroughly on your anatomy and the potential benefits of various surgeries in your particular case. 

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Determining the Facial Procedures Best For You

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

It is possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one #consultation. I invite you to visit PacificCenterPlasticSurgery.com to view a complete list of surgeries commonly performed. 
It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mini Facelift

A small incision facelift will give nice improvement to your face and jowls.

The small double chin can be treated with some liposuction at the some time or Kybella as an office treatment.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Mini lift

You have a good neck and are mainly suffering from jowls and cheek ptosis.  A facelift with a little neck lipo for contour would be indicated.  If you choose a mini, make sure it will address your jowl area.  

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift Expectations

A "classic" mini-facelift is a procedure aimed to tighten the skin and muscles of a droopy jawline (i.e. the "jowls") and lower 1/3 of the face. Depending on the exact technique, one may gain some mild improvement in the upper neck area as well. Based on your photo, it seems that the main area of facial aging is the jawline and loss of definition along the jawbone. The jowls also tend to give the mouth a downward and sad appearance.

A minilift would certainly be a good fit to address the mentioned areas. A tightened jawline will provide a much softer and oval lower third of the face along with flattening most of the jowls. The smoother jawline will give the mouth the appearance that it is in a more neutral position (versus appearing downturned). A technically well performed lift should never pull the lips towards the ears or look unnatural. This is where your surgeon's experience is most important. I would advise you to consult only with board certified facial plastic surgeons who perform these types of lower facelift/mini lifts on a daily or weekly basis (not monthly). Best of luck to you.

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift Is Good For Loose Skin and Early Jowls

You do look like a good candidate for a Mini Lift, as you have minimal jowls and sagging that will nevertheless benefit from a “lift” procedure. Simply pulling back on your face will not give you a clear idea of what the final result will look like. The skin is pulled both upward and outward and excess skin is removed. If you don't think this will give you results dramatic enough to be satisfying, talk to your surgeon about a full rhytidectomy. I hope this helps.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower facelift candidate

Thanks for sharing.  A mini facelift will help the jowl area.  A lower facelift will help both the jowl and neck areas.  They way you are pulling by your hands may not reflect how the surgeon would be pulling.  Also pulling with your hands in front of the mirror looks more pulled than the actual surgery.  An experienced facelift surgeon will accurately show you what can and cannot be achieved. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Mini Facelift targeting jowls and neck

Thank you for your picture, if your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for a local anaesthetic Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time.  

What are the benefits of the local anaesthetic Concept Facelift

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

Thank you for your question. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Please ask to see pictures of his past patients, a similar age to you, having a similar procedure.  This will give you a good indication of his work and the results he has achieved.  Also, site such as the one we are on, reading reviews from past patients, receiving realistic and genuine feedback.  

All the best with the procedure!

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift to solve the problem?

From your single photo, it appears as though you are a candidate for a mini lift.  There are other non surgical options that can also be considered to improve the cheek area.  An in office consultation and second opinion will allow for you to make the right decision.  Good luck.

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking facelift

Thank you for posting your pictures.  Mini facelift should work very well to improve the aging changes that trouble you.  I would recommend you bring up your concern with looking pulled when discussing this procedure with your surgeon.  Most modern day facelift techniques are designed to create completely natural and "un-operated" look.  Faces that look pulled or stretched is for the most part a thing of the past.

Best wishes!

Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD