How can I fix this, not sure if a mini facelift will do it? (Photo)

Doctor said mini facelift but not sure if thats going to slove the problem. When I pull the face the face looks pulled, definitely have xtra face on my neck but , don't know what to do now.

Mini Facelift

A small incision facelift will give nice improvement to your face and jowls.

The small double chin can be treated with some liposuction at the some time or Kybella as an office treatment.

Mini lift

You have a good neck and are mainly suffering from jowls and cheek ptosis.  A facelift with a little neck lipo for contour would be indicated.  If you choose a mini, make sure it will address your jowl area.  

Mini Lift Expectations

A "classic" mini-facelift is a procedure aimed to tighten the skin and muscles of a droopy jawline (i.e. the "jowls") and lower 1/3 of the face. Depending on the exact technique, one may gain some mild improvement in the upper neck area as well. Based on your photo, it seems that the main area of facial aging is the jawline and loss of definition along the jawbone. The jowls also tend to give the mouth a downward and sad appearance.

A minilift would certainly be a good fit to address the mentioned areas. A tightened jawline will provide a much softer and oval lower third of the face along with flattening most of the jowls. The smoother jawline will give the mouth the appearance that it is in a more neutral position (versus appearing downturned). A technically well performed lift should never pull the lips towards the ears or look unnatural. This is where your surgeon's experience is most important. I would advise you to consult only with board certified facial plastic surgeons who perform these types of lower facelift/mini lifts on a daily or weekly basis (not monthly). Best of luck to you.

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Lift Is Good For Loose Skin and Early Jowls

You do look like a good candidate for a Mini Lift, as you have minimal jowls and sagging that will nevertheless benefit from a “lift” procedure. Simply pulling back on your face will not give you a clear idea of what the final result will look like. The skin is pulled both upward and outward and excess skin is removed. If you don't think this will give you results dramatic enough to be satisfying, talk to your surgeon about a full rhytidectomy. I hope this helps.

Lower facelift candidate

Thanks for sharing.  A mini facelift will help the jowl area.  A lower facelift will help both the jowl and neck areas.  They way you are pulling by your hands may not reflect how the surgeon would be pulling.  Also pulling with your hands in front of the mirror looks more pulled than the actual surgery.  An experienced facelift surgeon will accurately show you what can and cannot be achieved. 

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Mini Facelift targeting jowls and neck

Thank you for your picture, if your skin is loose, sagging or creating the appearance of jowls you may be a good candidate for a local anaesthetic Concept™ Facelift Surgery. This type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time.  

What are the benefits of the local anaesthetic Concept Facelift

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results

Thank you for your question. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Please ask to see pictures of his past patients, a similar age to you, having a similar procedure.  This will give you a good indication of his work and the results he has achieved.  Also, site such as the one we are on, reading reviews from past patients, receiving realistic and genuine feedback.  

All the best with the procedure!

Mini Lift to solve the problem?

From your single photo, it appears as though you are a candidate for a mini lift.  There are other non surgical options that can also be considered to improve the cheek area.  An in office consultation and second opinion will allow for you to make the right decision.  Good luck.

Natural looking facelift

Thank you for posting your pictures.  Mini facelift should work very well to improve the aging changes that trouble you.  I would recommend you bring up your concern with looking pulled when discussing this procedure with your surgeon.  Most modern day facelift techniques are designed to create completely natural and "un-operated" look.  Faces that look pulled or stretched is for the most part a thing of the past.

Best wishes!

Dr. Konstantin

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

Mini facelift

Thanks for your question. You seem to be fairly young to be considering a mini-facelift. I think you could likely get a nice improvement in your jawline using fillers or even fat grafting if you're looking for a longer-term fix. Your skin looks young and healthy, so I'd just suggest subtle tweaks here and there for now, and good skin care. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Will a Mini-Facelift Do It?

Hi and thanks for your question and photo.  I think that you are an excellent candidate for a mini-facelift.  I have done a few thousand facelifts and in my experience, you would do very well.  One thing that you have to be aware of is that comparing what I call a mini-facelift with what another surgeon calls a mini-facelift may not be comparing apples with apples as each surgeon has different training, experience and results.  It is important to look at the before and after results of your surgeon and make sure that they have a lot of experience to get the best possible result.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation.  Good luck.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon