Can you be to fat for a BBL if your 5ft 2" and around 229lbs - Would you have to lose weight?

BBL candidate? Would i have to lose weight?

Thank you for your question. You show a BMI of 41.88 which is too high for surgery. Best is to undergo a weight loss program to reach an ideal stable weight within the safe range with a BMI under 30 to minimize risks during surgery and to maximize results. The closer you are to your ideal weight, tjhe best your results will be. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Thank you for your question. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 42 so I it would be best to get it down to at least 30. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

BMI and BBl

I think that based upon your BMI, you are better off losing some weight first. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Weight and BBL

At that height and weight, your BMI is 42, which many surgeons would not consider a healthy weight to undergo an elective cosmetic procedure.  Many surgeons would recommend losing weight (diet/exercise or a bariatric procedure) to get to a healthy stable weight before undergoing an aesthetic procedure.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon to start the discussion, and get a sense of where they would like you to be before undergoing surgery (different surgeons have different thresholds), and they can recommend people or programs to help you get there.

Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Can you be too fat for a BBL if your 5ft 2" and around 229lbs - Would you have to lose weight?

You should probably lose around 50 lbs or so to allow the operation to be safer.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD