Lower face procedures. (photos)

I have a very heavy lower face and am wondering what procedures can reduce the wide appearance. Thank you.

Thank you for your question. Please research surgeons and go for consultation for an examination. I have performed many Facelift under local anaesthetic administered properly, patients are comfortable and have an easier recover.  I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter.  Some patients will experience slight discomfort when injecting the local anaesthetic, then will feel very relaxed and calm throughout the procedure (please watch video).  Overall, the Concept Facelift giving our patients fresh, youthful and long lasting results. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best

Heavy Lower Face

An in person evaluation is recommended to determine the best procedures to help you reach your goals.  Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who are highly experienced.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Young Asian Wide Face

It is not uncommon for young Asian females to seek procedures to narrow and create more definition in the face.  You will not require a facelift.  You would be better served with:1)  Buccal fat excision2)  Botox to shrink massetersChin implant or pre-jowl implant could be considered to help angulate the jawline.I hope this helps.  

Heavy lower face

It is impossible to give you good advice with such a limiting photos. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for detailed clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Not what you are thinking

Thanks for your questions. Looking at you - you seem quite young. Thusly surgery to "lift" the lower face would be of low success. Rather I think that you would better served by changing the shape of the upper face. This can be done with injections or a more long term result with implants like cheek implants. Nothing replaces an in office evaluation so I would suggest you visit with a facial specialist

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial fullness

Hi there. You have very nice natural features including a well defined jawline and I would be tempted to avoid tinkering - fullness is a part of and adds to a youthful appearance. A buccal fat pad may be considered in the right hands. Good luck!

Narrow a wide face - what to do?

Thank you for asking about your facial width.
  • You have a lovely face but you are correct that there is a bit more fullness than usual.
  • A buccal fat pad removal combined with Botox to the masseter muscle may be all you need.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Heavy Lower Face

Based on what I can tell from your pictures, you should research buccal fat pad removal, liposuction to the lower part of the cheeks/jawline, and filler or fat injection to the areas along your cheekbones. This may help achieve the result that you want. Once you have some information, you should have an in person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon who performs these procedures frequently and discuss your goals.  This will help your surgeon create the most accurate treatment plan to address your concerns. 

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpting a wide lower face

Thank you for your question and sharing your photographs. Options to consider may include buccal fat reduction, chin augmentation, and Botox jaw reduction. If you haven't already, then speak with a cosmetic surgeon who performs a variety of facial procedure to review options with you.
Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Fullness

Thank you for your question and photos. From the different views it looks like you would be a wonderful candidate for buccal fat pad remove. The isn't a procedure I commonly see really strong indications for but your anatomy would lend itself perfectly for this relatively minor surgery. This procedure involves making a small incision in the inside of the cheek and extracting fatty tissue, Conservative removal of fat is best recommended to achieve an elegant and natural appearing result. This should help contour your face and change the shape to a more tapered and youthful appearanceBest of LuckDrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD