My face is crooked. I believe it's asymmetrical. I need help determining what treatment would be best to seek out? (Photos)

Hello Everyone. I am writing in hopes to get a certified medical physician's take on my situation. I've had this issue as long as I can remember and it's haunts me all the time. Especially when I take pictures. It bothers me alot. I've noticed when I take pictures my face and jaw look very crooked. One side of my face looks more plump and the cheek looks higher than the other side. I've been looking into botox for Masseter reduction but I don't know if that would fix this entirely. Help!!

Asymetrical face

No one is symmetrical but symmetry can be achieved with fillers and Botox. it looks like you would benefit from Botox in the upper part of theface and around the eyes and filler such as Radiesse to the cheek on the left to enhance its appearance

Nashville Dermatologist

What to do about facial asymmetry

Hi and thanks for your question.  I do see that your left brow is higher then the right which can be easily treated with Botox and I see that your right cheek is lower and less full then the left which can be easily treated with filler such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft.  I would be happy to see you for these as my office is in Wayne, PA in the Philadelphia suburbs.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of face

I think trying to adjust mild asymmetry, that is so common and normal, with fillers and Botox is overkill and sometimes counterproductive, and eventually one will end up chasing small imperfections all the time. No one has perfectly symmetrical face and if you see one in magazines they are photoshoped. I would just accept that little imperfection which is unique to you and focus on overall improvement and health of the skin itself, than the contour and natural anatomical variation. Hope that helps!

Ram Chandra, MD
Edison Physician

Facial Asymmetry

Facial asymmetry can be adjusted with fillers. For the jaw you would need a small amount of Botox and Juvederm and Voluma for the cheeks as well. This is an advanced filler technique so please consult a spealist in fillers.  Best, Dr. Green

Facial asymmetries

IMO the problem is not your face, it's your mirror. When people get sensitized to perceived issue on their face it's all they see.  In my experience chasing asymmetries does work so well as you try to improve one and make another worse. If you must try fillers, use only HA fillers like restylane and juvederm which can be removed.

V

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facial asymmetry

You are very perceptive. All patients have facial asymmetry, and it is impossible to  make the two sides the same.  Some asymmetries can be adjusted with fillers.

Facial structures are not symmetric

This can be improved with fillers. However, you will not get entire symmetry. You boney structures are not the same on each side. I will never do asymmetrical masseter injections, it will cause problems with the TMJ. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD