What else Can I Do? 6 Days Post TT and BBL, No Results From BBL?

I am 6 days post open from a TT & BBL I am in love with my TT but I still do not have a ASS so sad my doctor said he put 1100cc's of fat in each but my bottom is still flat, what can I do to fix this problem can I use more fat or is there some kind of filler I can use?

No results from BBL?

You are very early and swelling has a way of hiding your new true understructure. Once the swelling resides you will likely feel differently. Relay your concerns to your PS but please be patient while your body heals

You will need to heal first.  The results of the BBL are highly technique and surgeon dependent.  If you need a revision after 3 to 6 months, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Time will Tail (tell)

There is not much to do at this point.  It sound like you have had plenty of volume placed into each buttocks.  I would wait 3-6 months to determine your final result and to see if further fat grafting would be necessary.

Dr. ES

Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Augmentation Toronto

Are you sure there's no difference?  1100ccs is a lot of fat.  It is difficult to believe that it is not noticeable.  Another possibility is that 1100ccs of pure fat was not injected.  Did they inject pure fat or fat mixed with saline from the liposuction? You should see 1100ccs of pure fat.  A second opinion may be a good idea.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

1100cc BBL and no visible improvement?

I agree with my colleagues--1100cc (of fat) is a seriously large amount and would certainly be visible, even with surgical swelling everywhere else! 1100cc of fluid (and a little fat) would yield a less dramatic result since the fluid is reabsorbed fairly quickly. Perhaps this is what happened. 1100cc of "something" is NOT the same as 1100cc of pure fat injected carefully in proper tunnels and adequate recipient tissue for maximum graft take and survival.

Dr. Ferrari has it right--something is fishy here. Please first check the credentials of your surgeon (make sure "board-certified" is by the American Board of Plastic Surgery--many other boards exist, including a few "bogus" ones. For example, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is NOT an ABMS member board, and it "certifies" doctors from other specialties who wish to perform cosmetic surgery without completing full training in plastic and reconstructive surgery leading to ABPS certification. And yes, the ABPS is an ABMS member board, the only one that certifies plastic surgeons who perform cosmetic surgery of the entire body.)

Your surgeon may have done a nice tummy tuck, but 1100cc of actual fat per side should be definitely visible. Otherwise, you might as well have had your butt injected with saline! If satisfactory answers are not forthcoming from your surgeon, see one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons for additional opinions before undergoing any additional buttock surgery. For an example of one of my beltlift patients who had NO fat grafted, but simply underwent a circumferential beltlift that truly lifted and tightened the buttocks, while reducing the hips and tummy, click on the web reference link below.  Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

No result from BBL

1100 cc of fat is a lot and you should see a difference.  However, if you are swollen from the tummy tuck, this might distort your perception.  I suggest that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Also remember that, when you turn to see your behind in the mirror, you are distorting the body contour. Perhaps have someone take a photo and then compare with your preop photos.

Not enough fill after a BBL

If you had 1,100 cc in each side then the math just does not add up.  You should see a result at this point.  Other than fat you could consider an implant but this will generally only fill the central portion of the buttocks and not the roundness along the trochanteric region.  

No results with BBL

Without before/after photos to view, it's hard to imagine that a surgeon could inject 1,100cc of fat into each buttock and not see a result 6 days later.  Something just doesn't sound right about that.  Either your doctor didn't actually inject that much pure fat or his technique is seriously flawed.  You may want to consult with another board-certified plastic surgeon before considering any more procedures.