Can discoloration from Fraxel Repair be permanent?

I am 6 weeks post procedure and the skin under my eyes, where I was treated, is a brownish-red? Will Triluma be a permanent fix?

Post op care

6 weeks is relatively short, and I think you may notice that your discolouration is fading over the weeks. See your specialist who performed the procedure, they will have their own regime to help you heal up faster. I would avoid Triluma until a diagnosis is made. All the best
Dr Davin Lim Laser dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. Discoloration will fade as long as the skin is treated properly. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for proper aftercare options.

Thank you for your question. Discoloration is usually a temporary problem, and sunglasses, and sunscreen can get correction faster. You may want to implement a bleaching cream when your skin can tolerate it. Hydroquinone in 2-4% levels can be effective, but I would avoid Retin-A or Retinol in the area. I hope this helps!

Hyperpigmentation / Discoloration After Fraxel -- Try JanMarnini Bioshield and CE Ferulic and Hydroquinone

You need a customized treatment for hyperpigmentation/discoloration and this can be done by a well trained laser physician.  If treated, this will always resolve.  If not treated, can lead to permanent discoloration or poor outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.