What is the difference between liposculture, Brazilian butt lift and fat transfer? (Photo)

Hello doctors! I'm 22, I had twins 2 years ago and even though I lost most of the baby weight I still don't have the body I had. My goal is to have a smaller waist/flatter stomach and a more defined shape. I'm 5'9" and I'm 170 lbs (Before my twins I was 150 lbs and after I delivered I was 250 lbs). What procedures would you recommend? Liposuction (& maybe fat transfer to the butt), mini-tuck or tummy tuck? I attached my body goal pictures and 3 pictures of my actual body. Thanks :)

Liposculpture with Fat Transfer to buttocks

Thank you for the photos and questions. It appears that you are a great candidate for liposculpture with fat transfer to the buttocks. I would not recommend a tummy tuck at this time because you do not have droopy skin to remove and it seems you still have great skin elasticity. The Brazilian buttock lift is a procedure that uses careful liposculpture techniques to surrounding areas such as the waist, hips, thighs and torso in order to sculpt the natural contour of the body and to harvest healthy fat cells. These fat cells are then gently re-injected into strategic areas of the buttock cheeks to create a full and shapely buttock contour. 

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift Terminology

Good question!  The short answer is they can all mean the same thing, and are often confused when used in advertising/marketing.  Liposculpture is liposuction and one can say they are 'sculpting' with their artful fat removal, or they can say they are sculpting when transferring the fat.  More or less the same thing.  Fat transfer is the process of placing the fat into another location after removing it.  A Brazilian Butt Lift is when that location is the buttocks.  In your case, if you are interested in buttock enhancement I would start with the Brazilian Butt Lift to have the most fat available for transfer.  Later you may be interested in an abdominoplasty depending how your skin contracts and whether or not you have more children.

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, BBL

Hello!
If you want a result as  your wish photos, you only need liposuction all your back, waist, abdominal area, and grafting your own fat on your buttocks, giving you more projected and aesthetic. To make a BBL, we need to do liposuction. These are procedures that go hand in hand. Always look for a board certified plastic surgeon.
Regards,

Mármol Shailyn MD

Shailyn Marmol, MD