What's the difference between a breast lift with small implants vs breast lift with fat transfer? (Photos)

Decided that the procedures that I want are tummy tuck with Mr, liposuction on hips, thighs and back. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I want a breast lift with fat transfer or a breast lift with small implants. What is the difference

Breast lift with fat transfer

I do not perform tummy tuck with extensive liposuction and fat grafting at the same time. To decrease risks, I do Vaser ultrasound liposuction and fat grafting first - that can include a breast lift with some fat for upper breast fullness.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.

Multiple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with waist contouring liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift can be performed at the same time.  You are correct in that two choices for increasing volume are a small implant vs fat grafting.  In the setting of a combination breast lift, I prefer to use an implant because there is more predictability with the size and blood supply with the added extra movement of the tissues due to the lift.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift with fat or implants

I prefer to use implants over fat because I feel that there is more control with the size and shape.