Deciding between lumpectomy and prophylactic bilateral mastectomy for DCIS on one side, intermediate to high grade.

I was considering breast reduction surgery then cancelled when my husband was diagnosed with early stage Alzheimer's disease. I am concerned that choosing lumpectomy & radiation if there is a recurrence, my husband will worse and having a mastectomy will be more difficult. Also may parents are in their late seventies/eighties and I might need to care for them a few years from now. I am considering a bi-lateral mastectomy. Is this reasonable? I am 50 years old with three high school/college age kids

Personal choice

Choosing the type of reconstruction or not is a personal choice discussed with your surgeons.  Hard to say what would be best for you.  Good luck.