Cost of fixing hanging columella in Philadelphia? Local anesthesia possible?

I'm fine & happy with how straight my nose is. The width is fine too. What kills me is the "drooping". Its not bad when I don't smile but I hate pictures of myself smiling. After years of research I feel like a surgery to fix a hanging columella is the right choice. I'm also intrigued by this b/c it can be done by local anesthesia. I dont feel like I need to change anything but the tip. Input please. The cost is fairly important to me. This would be my first cosmetic procedure.

Hanging Columella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  The photos that you sent are not adequate to fully assess your nose, but I don't think that you have a hanging columella.  What I see is a large, over projected tip and a hanging infratip lobule.  These issues are typically addressed under sedation or general anesthesia, but I have done some of these surgeries under local anesthesia.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging as my office is in the Philly suburbs.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hanging columella

We have treated a  number patients with your concern under local anesthesia, without major issues.  Costs of plastic surgery depend on the location, how expensive your area is in general, and also the reputation and experience of your plastic surgeon.  You can call a few surgeon offices in the area, and most should be able to give you a cost estimate (or a reasonable range) for what you're looking for.  Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon and consider the pros and the cons. Be certain your surgeon is properly certified.  I've attached a link where you can start your search.  

In our practice the cost is in the $4000-4500 range.

The  photographs do not appear to demonstrate  a hanging columella, however a side profile photograph is required. Reduction of the hanging columella involves trimming excess cartilage and skin along that area of the nose from both sides. While it can be done under local anesthesia, there's lots of nerve endings in the nose, therefore it will be very uncomfortable trying to get that area numb  under local anesthesia. Most patients undergo this under brief general anesthesia for patient safety and comfort. For more information  and many before-and-after examples of reduction of the hanging columella, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below