What is the cost of breast augmentation in the Philadelphia/New Jersey area?

I'm looking for an affordable plastic surgeon who is able to to provide exceptional results.

Thank you for your email, At my clinic breast augmentation should generally cost between $4000 and $6000 which include a package.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Cost of breast augmentation varies by geographic region, surgeon expertise, type of implant.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast augment prices in Philly

In our area, breast augmentation should generally cost between $6000 and $9000.  The definitive price will depend upon which kind of implant is used, saline versus silicone versus gummy bear.  These implants cost different amounts of money and therefore are reflected in the different final prices.  As well, the experience and schedule of your surgeon factor in.  In other words, if you find a surgeon willing to do it for $4000 or $5000, you have to wonder what corners are being cut, and why the prices are in the bargain basement range.  Spending much more than the above range, on the other hand, may mean you are needlessly wasting money on hype.  Whomever you see, make sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of plastic surgery, no other board.
Schedule more than one consultation to get a few opinions.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast augmentation

You are best served by finding a good surgeon first and then figuring out if the fees are within your budget.  You can start by looking at the ASPS or ASAPS websites.

Breast Augmentation cost

Thanks for your question.  The price of a breast augmentation and/or a breast lift varies from place to place. It's best to schedule a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. Following your exam, you should b given a breakdown of the cost.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Cost for a breast augmentation varies based on the location and surgeon but I can tell you that the average RealSelf cost of a breast augmentation is between $6,000-$7,000. This is generally what I charge and im in the Pittsburgh area. To have an exact estimate written up for you I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have this done. Best of luck in your endeavors.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

What is the cost of breast augmentation?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Breast augmentation fees

Fees will vary depending on the facility cost, anesthesia component and price of the implants. Saline are half the price of silicone and this is a key consideration for most patients.  Pricing is important but so is the expertise and experience of the surgeon.  Particularly with augmentation, you want to undergo surgery with someone you believe will devote as much, if not more, attention to you post operatively than in the pre-op visits.

Breast implant cost

Thanks for your question. Costs will vary throughout the nation so it is hard to give you an exact answer. Realself show costs can vary widely.

It is always best to choose  the PS you are most comfortable with. A few dollars either way will not be worth it if you are unhappy with your care. 

Be sure you know what you are getting as well. The components of your cost include the surgical fee, facility fee and the fee for anesthesia services. Some doctors bundle them together and some do not, so you don't want to have surprises.

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon