Coolsculpting after effects. When will they go away?

Okay I had coolsculpting done on the 25th I'm now in so much pain it hurts not o bad but where I have a lump now it's stings as if s bee is stinging its way out of the lump it it he to but not a crazy itch I am 21 I'm afraid that somthing maybe wrong I have a ice pack on it now the pain comes but I can barley feel it it's scary to me I don't like the feeling why is he lumps there ? When will they go away

Thank you for your question. I would recommend seeing your treating physician as he/she may be able to provide you with a medication that can help you with your recovery. Regards, 

Yes they will most likely resolve but it may take a few more weeks. The symptoms are related to the superficial nerves and are transient in nature in most cases. Visit your doctor that performed the procedure for an examination and game plan. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Pain After CoolSculpting of the Abdomen

In a small percentage of patients, usually adult women having had CoolSculpting performed on the abdomen, a delayed onset (4-5 days) pain may occur.  In my practice, I routinely prescribe a a medication called neurontin for patients who develop this transient side effect.  The medication is very effective at alleviating the discomfort, and is usually only necessary for 7-10  days. Cool compresses and compression garments may also be helpful.  Your treating physician should evaluate you and recommend options to alleviate your discomfort.

Tina B. West, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and side effects

You can definitely have side effects such as swelling and pain after treatment but those are rare.  There is special medication for the pain if it is sharp as you describe.  I would absolutely return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Recovery after CoolSculpting

I would recommend contacting the physician who treated you with CoolSculpting to alert him or her to the problems you are having after your treatment.  An exam may be needed to fully evaluate you.  It is possible to get sharp pains after a treatment to the abdomen and there is a prescription medication that can help with this.  It is also possible to get some mild swelling after the procedure but I would say lumps are not usual.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon