CoolSculpting after effects? My name is Cierra Dickson. I had CoolSculpting done on the 25th

, on one side there a lump and the other side is just a small mild one on my right side where the larger lump is the pain feels as if I'm being stabbed or being stung my a bee and then it also feel as if if being sneezed really tightly then it releases now imagine that with the stabbin sensation I put ice on it ease up just a tad bit but the pain is all day I scream it's taking my energy I'm upset because I'm starting to regret the whole thing is there something wrong I am goin to the hospital

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your experience. I would recommend speaking to your treating physician as he/she may be able to provide you with a medication that can help you with your recovery. Regards,

Hi Cierra and very sorry to hear about your issues after coolsculpting. It seems as if you might have developed a superficial neuralgia so I would suggest that you return to see the doctor who did the initial treatment so make a game plan. Best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Late onset pain

You may be experiencing late onset pain that happens 3-4 days after a CoolSculpting treatment. Contact your physician where you had the treatment to get a prescription to help with the pain. It will go away eventually but the prescription will definitely make your daily activities more tolerable. Patients that have late onset pain are early responders and see results sooner than others. No procedure is painless but there are ways to make you feel better. Hang on in there!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon