Should I still do CoolSculpting now? (Photo)

I am 5'2" and currently weigh 125lbs. I'm working out and eating clean as my final goal is to be at 105 to 110. But I would really like a flatter belly...should I do coolsculpting now? Or wait until Iose more weight?

Coolsculpting cause weight loss?

Although there is fat reduction, there is no significant weight loss. The destroyed fat is metabolised by the body and excreted. You will probably notice improvement in fitting in clothes too. 

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.

It would be best to reach your goal weight but you could undergo it now
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting timing

In the ideal world, you are at your goal weight before undergoing any body contouring procedure.  In practice, you know you shape and have been at your goal weight before and find this region to persist though weight loss, then you can probably proceed with Coolsculpting, especially if you are confident that you weight will only go down and not up.  The nice thing about Coolsculpting is that it is a permanent fat cell reduction procedure so you should see a reduction of fatty tissue in the treated areas.  The remaining fat cells will continue to diminish in size with additional weight loss (or expand with weight gain).

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Coolsculpting

• Hello, and thank you for your question. It is always better to try to lose the weight on your own if this is possible. Unfortunately for many of us we can never get to our ideal target weight. I would recommend that you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a formal consult to discuss all of this. Best of luck.

John J. O`Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting now or after losing more weight?

I do not believe there is a strict right or wrong answer to your question.  Ideally, I would say it is better to get to your goal weight before having CoolSculpting done to your abdomen.  However, I have had many patients in your exact circumstance who have had CoolSculpting done with good results.  Some patients find that the CoolSculpting motivates them to better diet and exercise.  If your goal weight was more like 30-40 lbs. away, I would say you should lose more weight first, but being 15-20 lbs. away I think you could have the procedure now or later.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the abdomen

Cool sculpting is a very good option to kickstart your abdominal rejuvenation process. The cell aoptosis process which is initiated by the cool sculpting can facilitate your abdominal rejuvenation. Combining this with diet and exercise can improve your acetic results. While many physicians have cool sculpting machines. Consider a consultation with a 

R. Brannon Claytor, MD, FACS
Bryn Mawr Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for the Abdomen

Coolsculpting is the ideal way to remove 20% of fat from a given area of the abdomen, thighs, flanks, or buttocks in only one hour.  You are a great candidate for coolscupting since you are fit and exercising and understand that coolsculpting is not a weight loss device.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting for the best cosmetic results. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to answer this question without examining you. However, looking at your photos you have excess fat and some laxity of the skin in the lower abdomen. Your first option should enroll in a great fitness program and healthy diet. If that fails you can consider Coolsculpting or liposuction. Coolsculpting is great because you can do it without any needles or down time. It takes about 8-12 weeks to see the results. If you are looking for results right away than liposculpting would be the way to go. In either case I would recommend to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your best options. Good luck.

Himansu Shah, MD