Breast augmentation to uneven breasts?

Saw a surgeon for breast augmentation. Right breast is slightly smaller, enough for me to notice. He said he would use same size implant in both because changing pocket size w one bigger implant is not preferred. When they are fuller perhaps the difference would be less noticeable? Or would it be more noticeable? I see implants w varied cc on left or right. What is the theory w this and would his approach seem beneficial or not? My left breast fills c cup just so and right is 3/4 full

Breast augmentation to uneven breasts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you have substantial difference in both your breasts, it is recommended to get different size of implant in each breast. Asymmetry in breasts is more noticeable in bigger size breast than in smaller breasts. Hence if the difference is quite significant, you must go for different size imaplant. However if the difference is very slight and not noticeable, you can get one size implant in both breasts. Breast implants come in pairs, so if you get different sizes for each breast, one of each pair will be wasted and will increase your surgery cost.

India Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

Breast asymmetry does not necessarily require two different sized implants. An exam and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to assess nipple position and general breast measurements. Without knowing this information it is impossible to give advice regarding your best treatment option. 

Breast augmentation candidate

It is very difficult to determine the best sizeyou will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implant

#toobig #breastimplant

Breast Augmentation for Uneven Breasts

Yes, a breast augmentation revision should be able to fix uneven breasts, although the exact method required for proper correction would require an in-person consultation and assessment.  You may require a breast lift, different types of implants, or perhaps simply a size correction of the existing implants. 

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question. Most of my patients have at least a small asymmetry either related to volume or nipple placement. Generally, if this difference is small and the patient does not feel bothered by it or notice it in clothing, I would prefer to use same size implants. If, however, you notice a difference in bras and this is something you would like to correct, it may be worth discussing slightly different sized implants. I would prefer to under rather than over correct so, often I would stay within a 20-40cc difference. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office and this is a great way to guage what size difference might help you feel balanced.

I recommend that you share these concerns with your Plastic Surgeon or seek a second opinion/consult if you don't feel satisfied with your surgical plan.

All the best

Asymmetric breast approaches

Different surgeons have different approaches.  It is true that if the variance between the two breasts is subtle, use of same-sized implants may be satisfactory. I explain to patients that as the total volume of the breasts, that is, (native breast volume + implant volume) increases, the total percentage difference between the breasts with the same implant size decreases.  So, if the difference is small to begin with or large implants are placed, the difference gets harder to see.  The problem (appreciable asymmetry) occurs when the size of the implant is not very large or the difference between the native breast volumes is more substantial. In those cases, I think it makes more sense to consider using sizers in the OR and choosing implant sizes that produce the best symmetry possible, which could easily be different sizes. Breast shape must also be taken into consideration.  Hope that helps. I hope you have a great outcome. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation to uneven breasts?

Thank you for your question. Small asymmetry between 2 breasts often do not require different sized implants. And in person examination is required to properly answer your question.

The other very important issue is whether there is asymmetry in the position of the nipple and breast. If one breast is lower then a lift plus implant is required for excellent symmetry on the lower side. For more information on breast asymmetry please read the following link:

Breast augmentation Symmetryzation Surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

In this regard, after having analysed all the information provided to us, I realize that you have small and uneven breasts.
In my practice, for cases like yours i recommend performing a Breast augmentation Symmetryzation Surgery, with implants of different volume to symmetrised your breasts. 
Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implants in Asymmetry

In small breast size differences it is usually not advised or necessary to use different sized implants. Unlike asymmetric nipple positions, implants may make the breast mound size differences less noticeable. With saline implant you ca use the same size implants and place as little as 5 or 10cc differences between the sides. With silicone implants, however, the size difference are 35cc or greater and the degree of making minimal adjustments between the two sides is less.

Breast Asymmetry for Breast Augmentation

This is a hard question to answer, especially without pictures.  If you have glandular or skin asymmetry where either the gland or skin are different from side to side, then you will likely continue to have these asymmetries going forward.  What implants can do is restore fullness to both sides and make them look better, especially if you really want "bigger".  On the other hand, if you are someone who worries about how they will look after surgery, and how even or uneven they may be, you need to discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and get his/her answer.  Sometimes small adjustments in volume and shape of implants or your gland/skin envelope side to side can result in improved symmetry even in a primary breast augmentation.  Good luck with your search for a Plastic Surgeon!