Born with the family nose. Is there a non-surgical way to lower and narrow my nostrils? (photos)

Nose reshaping

Filler injections might be a nonsurgical option to lower and narrow the nostrils, but it’s hard to tell without an actual examination. Sometimes a small amount of filler can be used to modify the contour of the nose and redirect light and shadow on the face so that it looks smaller and thinner, even though you've added volume.  It is not possible to tell from the photo if that is the case in your situation, but see an injection and cosmetic surgeon who treats this complicated and off-label area. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non-surgical nose tip and nostril reshaping

Hi. First let me start by saying we cannot assess your nose from the one picture you uploaded.  It is a selfie taken up close at a bad angle creating major distortion and artifact.  For any plastic surgeon to devise a plan based on this picture would be irresponsible and naive.  Please see the youtube video I have attached the link to for more accurate nose job evaluation photography.  With that said, I would tell you that you are probably more bothered by the shape of the nostrils and the excess front view nostril show than the width.  For a proper outcome you would need a major tip-alar rhinoplasty with tip narrowing, lower lateral cartilage repositioning and alar support, possible septal lengthening, and ultimate alar base reductions if necessary.  I am not recommending this for you as I have not seen accurate pics of your nose nor examined you but these are based on the majority of patients who show up to my office or do SKYPE / FaceTime consults with me with similar complaints as you and similar initial pictures as you.Non surgical rhinoplasty can push down the nostrils in some cases and can define the tip in some cases but usually in people with thinner skin and your skin appears more oily and sebaceous.  Ultimately this is all guesswork and we need to see better pictures of you to be able to make better educated recommendations.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nose Job to Lower and Narrow Nostrils

Hi, and thanks for your question. What you are asking is not easy to do non surgically, but it is possible. I have had alot of success lowering the nostrils with fillers, but this is a tricky procedure. We have to be careful not to compromise the blood flow to the skin and therefore we are limited as to how much lowering we can do. Depending on the filler, the effect will last 6 to 18 months. The only way to make the nostrils more narrow without surgery is to use Botox, and that only lasts for 3 months. On the other hand, its not surgery and may be worth a quick and inexpensive appointment every 3 months or so. Be sure to consult a doctor who is very experienced with the Non Surgical Nose Job procedure - what you are asking for is complicated. Hope that helps.

surgical rhinoplasty to narrow the nostrils

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to narrow wide nostrils.  An alar plasty procedure involves removal of the wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils and sewing them closer together.  This can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure, and does not require a full rhinoplasty.