When can I get an Active FX laser treatment after eyelid lid life and fat grafting?

I had a lower eyelid lift with fat grafting on my cheek done 3 months ago in Europe. Everything is looking prefect. I still have a little pink scars at the crowfeet area from the cut they did. But I beleive that is totally normal. I like laser treatment done like active FX for texture and for my pig pores. When is this tretment recommended after my surgery? Can they laser my scars at the side of my eyes? I appreciate any answer to help me to schedule an appointment with someone around me .

CO2 laser (Active FX) after eyelid surgery

It is very common for me to do CO2 (Active and Deep FX) after blepharoplasty - on the same day. Of course, this would not include laser treatment over incision sites.

At 3 months post-op, I would expect that you would be fine to have Active FX around the eyes, and over the incision scars. I would recommend that you have a consultation with a surgeon that is an expert in both eyelid surgery and laser resurfacing.

I do like the CO2 laser to decrease pore size. However, I find that they are better treated with using both the Deep FX hand piece, and the Active FX hand piece.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

I would suggest waiting 4-6 months before proceeding with Active FX.  The incision lines can definitely be treated however I'd like to see them flat and minimally red before proceeding.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

It is not uncommon to have Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing during or after eyelid and/or fat grafting surgery.  If performed after the surgery, 6-8 weeks would be preferable, to allow the majority of the swelling to dissipate.  

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Laser resurfacing after blepharoplasty

I often perform laser resurfacing at the same time as the original blepharoplasty procedure.  It's possible you can have this done now (3 months after your blepharoplasty), including laser over your previous incisions, but you would need an in-person evaluation to determine your needs and if you are a good candidate. 

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon