Am I a good candidate for Smart Lipo, liposuction or a mini tuck? (Photos)

I'm 36, 5'4, childless (subject to change), roughly weigh about 135 lbs. I work out consistently 4-5 times per week. I eat well. My stomach and back remain unmotivated despite my best efforts. I feel like I am permanently strapped into my body by an internal seatbelt. My end goals are looking and feeling even better naked. I feel square or blocky in my middle. I want a defined flat stomach and smooth back. Realistically what type of results can I expect from any type of surgery? Thank you

Smart lipo

From review of the photos, it seems you would be a good candidate for Smart Lipo (laser assisted liposuction). For patients with good skin quality and without a lot of redundant skin and fat in the lower abdomen, laser liposuction can provide both fat removal and some skin tightening. See a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck!

Middletown Plastic Surgeon

I think you would be a good candidate for lipo of abdomen, back and hips. Methods vary and I have done  it with and without ultrasonic. I do not think smart lipo will get out all the fat and think you need to have realistic expectations as your weight will not go down much from lipo. I agree with Dr Morgan that losing a few pounds will enhance the result.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Smart Lipo, liposuction or a mini tuck?

From your photos alone you seem to be a good candidate for liposuction. It is best you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. See the below link for more information on liposcution. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Liposuction to improve abdomen and back?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction of your back, sides and torso.
  • You need an exam to know if you can get a flat stomach - 
  • You are slightly overweight, some of the fat is internal and liposuction cannot remove that fat.
  • After liposuction, plan to lose 10 pounds and keep it off for your best result -
  • Otherwise the fat will return to new areas (upper back, arms).
  • Please find a qualified plastic surgeon to help you for your best result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction / miniscar tummytuck

thank you for your question.  If you have a good abdominal muscles you would be a good candidate for Liposuction. I like to use ultrasonic assisted Liposuction with the SAFE technique.  This results in less blood loss and a smoother result versus traditional techniques.  If you have Poochy tummy muscles then a mini scar tummy tuck would give you a better result.  I helped to pioneer this surgery over 20 years ago. I hope you find this useful . Please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction can help reduce the fat in the areas that bother you.  A mini-abdominoplasty won't address the upper abdominal fullness you are demonstrating in the photos.  Smart lipo is regarded by most surgeons as a marketing scheme and not proven in our literature to be more effective than traditional liposuction.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon