9 weeks post op liposuction, small pocket of fluid will it go away?

Today I am 9 weeks post op liposuction with BBL I was having issues with fluid build up, in my lower back. I got fluid aspirated twice, now I have a smaller pocket of fluid which still creates small waves, will it go away or do I need to visit doctor again?

Liposuction seroma - what treatment is needed?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.This is an important question -- the excess fluid needs to be removed 2-3 times a week until there is no more fluid to remove. For a small area, this may be 2 - 3 weeks. So yes, please see your surgeon and schedule another visit when you leave - so you can be checked regularly until the problem is gone. Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction, swelling, fluid collection, seroma

Thank you for the query. What you have is a serous collection often referred to as a seroma. Small seromas are often left to be absorbed while large ones which cause waves as in your case need to be aspirated. usually after a few aspirations and continuously using pressure garments the fluid tends to decrease and settles down. Sometimes we use an ultrasound examination as an additional tool to know the exact amount of fluid before aspiration and decide accordingly.  Best wishes,  Dr Alexander 

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- POSSIBLE SEROMA

If you have a seroma this needs to be aspirated and massaged.  Compression is essential to prevent scarring.  Please speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. I recommend to visit your doctor. If you still feel the wave We should aspirate. Good thing it is getting small.

How big?

When you say small, how small.Typically less than a couple of mls will go away on their own. Massage and reapplication of the compression garment may help to speed this up.There is no real harm in continued aspiration as long as the volumes of fluid produced are going down but leaving it alone for a while will also do no harm. Persistent large volumes can be a problem.Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Liposuction and seroma

If you still have fluid in your lower back, then it might be wise to have it aspirated. Best of luck.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon