4 days post op. Will the implant fall into the loose skin? They look deformed. Is this normal? (photos)

High Implants?

It is way too early to be concerned about shape of breasts and implant location as you are still swollen after surgery and your body has not yet acclimated to the implants. Try to be patient and follow up with your surgeon. Good Lucl!

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still fairly early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing there to be more fullness at the bottom.  If the breasts are too high, the use of a breast binder is beneficial to add downward pressure. I would also continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Early Position Of The Implants Appears Unnatural

The early position of breast implants placed behind the pectoralis major muscle almost always them higher than they inevitably will rest. This is due to tightness in the muscle and skin which will relax, allowing the implants to rest in a more natural position with time. This may take several weeks or longer but will occur as long as the inferior attachment of the muscle has been released by your surgeon. In the early recovery period you should avoid wearing a bra that is too tight underneath the breast, and certainly avoid an underwire bra. Often a breast compression strap is used across the top of the breasts to help assist gravity with bringing the implants down. Your plastic surgeon should be watching you to see if you are progressing as expected.

Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question,

Its early to talk about results but I recommend you to see your plastic surgeon. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op day 4

Thank you for your question. You're of course very early in the post op recovery/healing phase. Your implants look quite high and tight and this can be normal in the first couple of weeks after surgery. Your skin is going to stretch and the capsule around the implants is going to mature. The implants should soften and settle over time. Try not to judge the final result for at least 6 months. I recommend following your surgeons recommendations and discussing your concerns directly with him or her. It does appear than the bra you may be wearing is quite tight. Good luck! 

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Shape Immediately after implants

Your breast shape will change dramatically over the next month to two months.  The muscle and well as the skin will relax and the implants will soften.  You will have less fullness up top and more fullness on the bottom the breasts.  This can often be accelerated by wearing a breast band or strap.  Final appearance of your breasts after augmentation / implants may not be visible for up to six months.  Best of luck

Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  Bryn Mawr, Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants post operative

I would encourage you to visit the surgeon that performed your surgery. It is still very early in your recovery process, but if you are concerned with anything, always contact your surgeon. He or she is the one who knows your procedure details. 

Breast implant too high?

Thanks for your question and for the photos.

It is normal for submuscular implants to ride up high on your chest.  Ove the next few weeks, the implants "settle" into the pocket dissected.  Your implants do look a bit higher than others, so I would suggest you ask your Plastic Surgeon to evaluate them just to make sure.  I typically use a 4 inch ace bandage (not too tight) placed above the areolas to gently massage them down into the pocket over a two week period.  You should see what your surgeon prescribes.

Best of luck.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Implant issue

Your implants are high and this is common early post-op. Best to give them time to settle.  ..........................