3 Weeks in but No Results. Is it normal not to see results yet?

I had my flanks and one small applicator in the center of my belly done 3 weeks today. I was told 2 weeks I would start seeing results. I look like I got fatter but I dont think i did. Is it normal not to see results yet? I look worse. My stomach is huge now. Is this normal not to see results yet. This is extremely depressing.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
It can take 3 months for results

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Results

It typically takes up to four months to see the full effect of coolscupting.  I would not expect to see many changes after 3 weeks.  The best way to assess the changes is through before and after photographs to evaluate your results.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of expertise with this procedure.

You should wait a full 3 months. Also as stated below you should follow up to see your before and after photos at times people do not realize the change until they see and compare their before photos. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Results

I would wait a full 3 months before you fret.  And even if you think you see no results, sometimes when you go in to see your before pictures and compare, you will be surprised to see the difference.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Be patient for your Coolsculpting results!

The final result from Coolsculpting is typically not seen for 3 months.  Many patients begin to see early results at 3 -4 weeks, but not all, so it is most likely too soon for you to see early results.  Improvements can continue to be experienced for months. Sometimes it can be difficult to see the changes in the short term, so it is a good idea to view your before and after photos as you progress. 

CoolSculpting Results

The studies show that patients achieve the best results from CoolSculpting after 3 months.  Many patient will start to show some improvement after 3 weeks, but it is best to wait for 3 - 4 months before considering the results as final.  Also, comparing your before and after photographs will help you see the results yourself.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

When to see results after CoolSculpting

The final results from CoolSculpting are often not appreciable until 2-3 months after therapy. I would not worry if you are not seeing results yet, 3 weeks is simply too early to tell. Follow up closely with your cosmetic physician that performed the procedure. They will have measurements and photos to compare.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Should you be seeing results 3 weeks after CoolSculpting treatment to the belly?

CoolSculpting takes 3 months to see the full results.  I wouldn't get discouraged at this point.  If you aren't seeing the results that you expect in the next month or two, maybe you will need a second treatment.  Best of luck!

Coolsculpting No Results

No results with Coolsculpting? It may be too soon to tell, but you may not see dramatic results. It's not nearly as effective as Internal Laser Liposuction.

There are two types of Laser Liposuction
  1. External Laser Liposuction: This includes Coolsculpting and Zerona; the laser is only placed on the outside of the skin; no suctioning is done; this is the least invasive type of laser liposuction but results are substantially less noticable than others types of liposuction
  2. Internal Laser Liposuction: This includes Smartlipo, Slimlipo, and other laser systems that are similar; the laser is placed inside the skin into the fat layer and helps liquefy the fat and tighten the skin; then the fat if suctioned out. This is much more effective than External Laser Liposuction. Internal Laser Liposuction is a subset of Tumescent Liposuction. This only difference is that there is an extra step between numbing and suctioning to use the laser to help liquefy the fat.
We see many patients who have had external laser liposuction such as Coolsculpting and then are very disappointed with their results and go on to have tumescent/internal laser liposuction.

That being said, it's only been three weeks since you had it done. You might see results within the next few weeks. I hope that you do because you've paid good money to have the procedure done and I hope you see some improvement.

Good luck!

CoolSculpting Results

After CoolSculpting, patients can start seeing results as soon as 3 weeks, however the most dramatic results can be seen from 1 to 3 months. It is normal to not see results yet. For the first few days and weeks after the treatment, patients can expect to have sensitivity and swelling. We recommend wearing some type of compression over the treated area to keep the swelling down.