I'm 5'2". I weigh around 225 lbs. Would it be possible to have lipo and a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I'm 5'2". I weigh around 225 lbs. Would it be possible to have lipo and a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will  be your next/best step.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction and tummy tuck at 5.2 and 225#

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and tummy tuck.

• I think it is wonderful to be looking at ways to improve yourself.
  • At your weight, your BMI is 41.1 and you are not a candidate for these operations.
  • You are in fact 100 pounds over your average weight, making you a candidate for a gastric bypass.
  • If you cannot lose the weight on your own with self-disciplined eating and exercise, please ask your regular doctor to refer you to a bariatric surgeon.
  • If you weight 165 or less, you are a candidate for a tummy tuck but the less you weight, the better your result.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction Candidate If Overweight

you must lose weight before getting any type of surgical procedure , at least one that will give you the best outcome and a significant change.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Options

Abdominoplasty could be dangerous at your current weight. You'd need to lose 65 lbs to lower your BMI to less than 30. You may wish to consider seeing a weight loss surgeon and a nutritionist. 

Good luck 

DrBurnett#realself100

Lipo and tummy tuck

If your BMI is very high, then you might be better off losing some weight first. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Weight and plastic surgery

Hello, thanks for share your case with us, it's important for you to know that plastic surgery procedures are not designed to loose weight, they are designed to reshape the body, so maybe yo are a candidate to bariatic surfery first an then start with plastic procedures. Best wishes!

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD