2 days post op BA. 5'7 130 pounds 425ccs. (photos)

I know that they aren't supposed to look great just yet but I don't not think they look normal. They are so high and not big. It almost feels like they are in my neck area. I was a Small B hoping for a full C to small D but it looks like they are only going to be a full B. Any advice appreciated.

Questions about results after #breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery

Thank you for sharing your questions and photos 2 days after your breast augmentation plastic surgery. I strongly urge you to discuss your questions in person with your operative surgeon and allow he or she to be your guide. It's extremely early to make a judgement on the photos and I agree with my colleagues in this forum. In my cosmetic office I require all breast augmentation patients wear a custom fit surgical compression garment and it's not clear this is part of your post operative protocol.  We also have our patients refrain from strenuous activity, heavy lifting and exercise.  It is very important to follow your surgeon's recommendations and you should feel free to discuss your questions with their office directly.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best.  Kind regards, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change along with cleavage. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photos. Rest assured that 2 days post op, the appearance of your chest is nowhere near settled/final results. Your tissue is tight and swollen right now which compresses and displaces implant volume up & outward. The lower poles of your breasts have not softened and expanded yet and pectoral muscles are swollen. Over the next few months that upper pole volume will gradually come down and you will see the breasts "drop & Fluff".  Try to wait until 5-6 months before you evaluate results- it could take that long. You appear to be on track for two day post. Share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you.

All the best

Post Op Question

Great question! From looking at your pictures (without seeing any before pictures) it looks as though you were very small chested to begin with. You do not have a large nipple to crease distance- which is probably why your implants are sitting up very high right now. It will probably take longer for you to settle since your nipple to crease distance is so small to begin with. Continue your breast exercises regularly- this should help your implants settle a little faster. Give your breast a full three months before you think about doing anything. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

2 days post op

your implants are positioned very high probably under the muscle and you need to wait until things relax to see how old you really are. Hopefully the implants will settle or as your tight compartment relaxes. I would definitely not recommend to a larger implant since this one already looks like it is too big for your frame and that's why it is sitting so high

Daniel G. Kuy, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

2 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

It is way, way too early to tell. Due to spasm and swelling the implants are very high and they often come down with time. You have to give them 4-6 months. Best of luck.

BA postop concerns

Hello!

You definitely need to give recovery time, as you said. The implants are high and tight and should soften over the course of time - as early as 3 months, but recommend you give it 9-12 months to see "final" result. Right now there are no signs of concern. Your skin and nipples are pink and you look symmetric. I would guess you will be a full C when everything relaxes.

Best of luck! Do share any concerns you have with your surgeon.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

2 days post op

Dear NewMe,

Things will change with some time - but I agree with you.  Your implants look too high right now.  Talk to your plastic surgeon.  Depending on what type of implant you have, they may drop down some or they may not.  Your plastic surgeon needs to help you understand what will happen and make you feel better about it.  You also likely have some swelling in the upper poles of your breasts, so they seem higher than they actually will wind up being.  Your concerns are valid.

Dr. Jespersen

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon