1 month post op BA. Right breast dropped a little. Left will not drop. (photo)

I have loose skin at the bottom . Will they drop more and fall into loose skin? I do not want to get surgery again.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Normal healing process

You are still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months before the implants look and feel like they belong to you. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have for his or her evaluation and advice . Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

should expect the skin to soften and the implant to settle at about three months after surgery. Please Follow up with your surgeon.

Best of Luck!!

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post Op

From looking at your picture alone- it looks as though the placement of your implants is wrong. They look almost up to your collar bone and they should be lower toward the crease of your breasts. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation: Implants just begin to drop by the 6th week

At one month, you are about 25 percent dropped, shaped and soft. The implants really only begin to drop into the loose skin by the 6th week – 2 weeks from now. At three months you will be close to 75 percent settled. I have my patients doing an exercise/massage from the top for the first 3 months to facilitate the settling. The whole process takes close to 9 to 12 months. Be patient and keep your post-operative visits with your surgeon. Hope this information is reassuring and good luck to you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Too soon to tell

It looks like your implants are very high and your tissue is falling off the implants a bit. You are only one month out and this may improve over the next several months, or else you will need a revision.

Implants dropping

hopefully things will continue to settle and drop over time. You are still very fresh post-op, follow up with your surgeon for scheduled  post-op appt.'s and follow his/her recommendations. 

Postop Breast Augmentation Concerns

I appreciate your concerns, but you have very large implants and it is going to take several months for your body to accommodate to them. Try to stay patient and positive and follow up with your plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photograph.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets, sometimes you heal quicker in one breast than the other and one implant can even drop sooner than the other one.  If one implant is still sitting too high, the use of a breast binder and a foam wedge is beneficial to add downward pressure to that breast. I would continue to perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science