Sculptra or Voluma? (Photo)

I am 42 going 43 and have had some facial wasting that mainly appeared after having braces...Being temples and periaucular area down to the mandibular angle. (same fat pad i found out). More so on the left than the right. What would be better, Sculptra or Voluma? I am looking at something that is longer lasting...

Voluma

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to say which would be the right call for you. Both products are excellent and long lasting. However, one of the advantages of Voluma is that since it's made of hyaluronic acid, the results are reversible. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Both injectable solutions are great options for adding volume to the facial contours and smoothing lines and wrinkles. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine which option is best for you.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra or Voluma?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. Sculptra and Voluma are both excellent products. I cannot tell from the photo which would be more appropriate for you. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra or Voluma

Both products can be provide you excellent results. The key is to choose an expert and experienced physician injector to do the treatment that bests understand your needs. The injector will have his or her preferences of product. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Sculptra or Voluma?

Although both are great products, it is my belief that Sculptra lasts longer than Voluma. However, Voluma is also an excellent product for adding facial volume, and has the added benefit of giving a "right now" result.  Sculptra requires an incremental approach, therefore necessitating patience.  I use both products frequently in my practice and the decision often comes down to whether the patient is more comfortable with a gradual or immediate result.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma vs. Sculptra

Voluma offers immediate results, and if the patient is looking for immediate results I recommend Voluma over Sculptra. Sculptra is a volumizer, not the same type of filler as Voluma and can last up to 2 years; however it takes 3 maybe more treatments with Sculptra as it builds collagen over a period of time. Both are great, but for instant gratification with longevity I recommend using Voluma. Best, Dr. Berger.

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

What would be better, Sculptra or Voluma?

I'm partial to Voluma -- instant gratification with one sitting. Very safe and effective.While I know many injectors that like and recommend Sculptra, I've seen 2 cases of sterile abscess formation following Sculptra (the patients were not injected by me).Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra or Voluma?

While FDA studies indicate that Voluma® and Sculptra® have similar longevity profiles of up to 2 years, Voluma® delivers instant results, while Sculptra® stimulates collagen growth over time. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Sculptra versus Voluma

Thank you for your question Squizzy. Sculptra and Voluma are both great for contouring the face. They both last longer. I prefer Voluma myself because the results are evident right away. With Sculptra it takes time to form collagen and multiple treatments are required. Also Voluma is more safe; since it is a hyaluronic acid it can be dissolved if necessary. That being said I have many colleagues who love Sculptra and get great results. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician