Facial Voluminisation- Sculptra- Voluma

I am having some facial hollowing under my cheekbones, especially near the earlobes obviously giving me some very slight jowls. So now I am thinking about using Sculptra or using Voluma. I can have access to both for reduced price Sculptra being $ 440 a vial and Voluma being $ 430 a ml. (I do work for a doctor...). Sculptra complications worry me, the what if factor. What would you suggest?

Sculptra and Voluma-- Suggested injection

This depends, if you are looking for an immediate result then Voluma will give that to you, but will not give you results long term as it has a lifetime of up to 2 years. Sculptra on the other hand is lasting after 3 treatments and you will experience lasting results. The only downside to Sculptra is that you will not get the immediate result that you are potentially looking for. Sculptra takes up to 3 months to see any changes and 6 months to see the overall outcome. It is up to you to decide what you prefer as far as if you would like to have immediate results with a shorter lifespan or a slower pace to get to the years of an amazing result. Best, Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician

Sculptra vs Voluma

If you are looking for a quick fix to the hollowing of your jowls then Voluma would be your best option. Voluma XC is also a long lasting filler with results lasting up to 2 years. Sculptra unlike other injectables is a collagen builder, the issue is; is that it takes time to get the results you want from your first treatment. I suggest Voluma, but it is all personal preference. Best, Dr. Rosenberg

David S. Rosenberg, MD

Sculptra vs Voluma for volume

If you need several areas corrected at once, Sculptra is the way to go. Issues with Sculptra are generally injector related so it must be done by an experienced physician. Sculptra will give years of volume, but needs about 3 treatments. Voluma will give about a year of improvement, despite what their marketing says. It takes about 6 months to get the results from Sculptra, considering the 3 injections. Fine tuning of the eyes and lips needs to be done after Sculptra and I like Restylane family for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra versus Voluma for face

I believe Sculptra is a great product if used correctly and it does tend to have longer lasting results than Voluma.  As you may know, Sculptra would normally require a series of treatments to gradually produce the desired result though, and Voluma would give more of an immediate improvement.  I think you could get improvement with either product and it's really more a matter of your preference.  If you don't mind having more than one treatment, I would recommend the Sculptra because of the results lasting 2-4 years.      

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon