Would rhinoplasty help improve my profile? (photos)

This is my first time asking a question on this site so I apologize for any mistakes. I have always been very self conscious about my side profile/nose and was just wondering what could be done to help make it look more attractive. The tip of my nose is very pointy and I have a strong bridge. Would a rhinoplasty help or is there something else that needs to be done? Thanks!

Rhinoplasty to Improve the Profile

Rhinoplasty can definitely help address your concerns. The bump on the bridge and the tip can both be improved with rhinoplasty. I would recommend seeing a board certified rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation to see what would be the best plan for your specific needs. 

Will Rhinoplasty Improve My Profile?

A rhinoplasty to straighten your nose, remove the hump, and lift you hanging columella (the strip between your nostrils) will improve your nose, including the profile. This would give you a softer, more feminine appearance. Also consider a small  chin implant; the pictures suggest you have a slightly weak chin.

Yes, a rhinoplasty would help improve the profile. You need to be seen in person so that a proper assessment in all views can be performed. Good luck!

Rhinoplasty candidate to improve the side profile

The side profile photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose, a dorsal hump, and a hanging columella. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making  the nose smaller, shaving down the cartilaginous and dorsal hump, and reducing the vertical length of the nose by reducing the hanging columella. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Would rhinoplasty help?

I think you would definitely benefit from a consultation to help you analyze your facial balance. While I would not recommend a radical reduction of your profile you have a lot going on with your nose that you may want to harmonize better. You appear to be deviated to the left, have asymmetric nostrils, excess columella show and mild prominence to your dorsum on profile. a consult with imaging may help you better conceptualize what rhinoplasty can do for your overall look.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would rhinoplasty help improve my profile?

If you are comfortable with her current profile, ES a rhinoplasty can improve the shape of your nose.  The bridge of the nose can be lowered, the tip can be refined, and the ala (the cartilage on the side of the nose) can be supported to give you a better overall shape from all views.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction and de-projecting your nasal tip.  This will give you an overall smaller nose that fits with the rest of your face.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Dorsal hump, over projected, columella show, crooked nose

maddiem382, Indeed a rhinoplasty would help the overall shape and contour of your nose making it more complementary of your other facial features. From what I can see in the photos you provided your nose is over projected, the flesh between the nostrils is too visible,there is a bump and the top of the nose appears crooked. All of these things can be addressed and corrected to improve the appearance of the nose and face as a whole. The surgery would likely require fracturing the nasal bones in order to remove the hump and straighten the nose.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

A classical rhynoplasty

After taking time to see your pics, I could say , You benefit  from a classical closed Rhynoplasty(no external scars).  We have to work your bridge and your nasal tip. Results should improve your front and side profile.
Look for experienced board certified PSRegards
Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio