Do I need a Tummy tuck and which one? (photos)

Couple of months I got told that I need to lose weight and I did and also I seen images on google that someone had tummy tuck with more weight. I have sent you a photo of my tummy and the person on Google image too

Tummy tuck

If you do not like the appearance of your stomach then a tummy tuck may benefit you. Although a full consultation would be required to determine suitability, I would say a full tummy tuck would be recommended.

Do I need a Tummy tuck?

Hello and thank you for your email.

This is a perfect example of why it is such a good idea to have a face-to-face consult with an experienced Plastic Surgeon.
In short, I suggest, from your enquiry, that you would benefit from tummy tuck surgery.
But what kind, and exactly what is required?

Surgery needs to be tailored to each person's body and needs. In your case, you have a large abdominal area, and you have also lost weight. So, you may need just a tummy-tuck along the 'standard' lines of surgery, or possibly one that extends extra along the line to take up additional sagging from the weight loss. Also, will belly-button repositioning be necessary? These are just some of the questions that I need to look at when making an assessment on my patient. Then, after we've met, talked, measured and fully assessed, I can offer you options that are appropriate for you.

So, my suggestion to you is organise yourself a consult with a Plastic surgeon. Then you will know what's recommended specifically for you.

Tummy tuck

You appear to require a standard tummy tuck, moving the belly button. You may not require muscle tightening and an exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to confirm and to discuss your options and expectations. 

Do I need a TT and which kind?

Congratulations on your recent weight loss.  While it does appear as though you would be a good candidate for a standard tummy tuck, an exam in person or at the very least more pics would be necessary to confirm.  Keep in mind that even if someone who weighs more than you found a surgeon to perform a tummy tuck on them, the closer to your ideal body weight you are, the better results you are going to have.  This is likely why your plastic surgeon made the recommendation to lose some additional weight prior to surgery.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon