Does mini tummy tuck remove stretch marks on the lower abs region?

got stretch marks mostly on lower navel and side of navel

Tummy tuck

Most likely a mini tummy tuck would not remove all your stretchmarks from the navel area, you might need a full tummy tuck,pictures would have been helpful,consult carefully with a board certified PS,good luck!

Mini TT

Mini TT will not address stretch marks in the navel area. Most likely you would need a full Tummy Tuck. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and review all your options and review their before and afters. Best of Luck to you!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend you a full Tummy Tuck if you would like to adress all these areas :-)

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for the question. The mini tummy tuck operation  addresses only the skin/tissues of the very low part of the abdomen (just above the pubic area). Stretch marks around the navel you mentioned will likely not be addressed.

Overall, in my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax.   Again, the appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. 

When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Mini tummy tuck does not remove stretch marks around belly button

In a mini tummy tuck, only skin from the very lower part of the abdomen is removed. This usually leaves most of the skin around the belly button. There are several variations of tummy tucks to consider so make sure you know what to expect when considering your options.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mini tummy tuck and stretch marks?

Hello. Thanks for your question. During an abdominoplasty, skin is removed. The stretch marks that are in that skin will be gone, but stretch marks in the remaining skin--remain. You indicate that you have bothersome stretch marks around your navel. A mini-tummy tuck typically does not address skin around the belly-button or upper abdomen. I suggest that you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and consultation. he or she will be able to discuss your best options. All the best.

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on this question you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Will Mini tuck remove stretchmarks around belly button?

Thank you for your question. The mini tummy tuck is best for a very small subset of patients with loose skin primarily of the lower abdomen below the belly button. The belly button is often "floated" or disconnected from its connection to the abdominal wall and pulled to a position several centimeters lower on the abdomen. It may reduce the appearance of a stretchmark, but it will not make them go away completely. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to see if you are a good candidate and to discuss all your options. Best wishes,

Stretch marks improved, not removed

Hi, I updated my answer with a link that might be helpful...

Hi Umer14213.  If your stretch marks look less apparent when the skin is stretched, then yes a mini tuck will improve them-technically not "removing" them. A stretch mark represents a tear in the dermis and effective treatments include microneedling & laser resurfacing (to grow collagen fibers, remodel dermis, tighten crepe skin).  Consult with a board certified PS with these different technologies and surgical experience to give you a better understanding.  Best wishes,