Any suggestions for neck tightening? (photos)

what would be best option to remove fat and tighten the skin on my neck. I will be 50 this year. Do I need a full neck lift or less invasive and less costly procedures can offer significant results?

Neck tightening

Hi Januszbak11

What a great post and some very clear photo's. We always welcome questions like yours as it helps the RS community. You would need a extensive consult to make sure of what out come you are after.

Neck Lift Surgery or Platysmaplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure to help contour and reduce loose skin around the neck. A combination of excess skin excision, liposuction and internal tightening are used in Neck Lift Surgery to achieve your desired look and shape.
For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required. Tightening of the platysma muscle (also known as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscles on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches. The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck and are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result.

Good luck with your research and find a qualified and experienced surgeon

London Plastic Surgeon

Fat Reduction and Tightening for Neck

Thank you for your question. Surgery is gold standard and would offer the most dramatic improvement. There are non surgical options available such as Kybella and Ultherapy but they would most likely offer only minimal improvement. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Any suggestions for neck tightening?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, a lower face lift / neck lift with liposuction would rejuvenate your neck and lower face region by addressing your saggy neck, jowls, excess fat and obtuse cervicomental angle.  Be sure to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

You are a neck lift/face lift/neck liposuction candidate but if you do not want surgery you could try VASER / THERMIRF combination to get improvement.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Any suggestions for neck tightening?

Although the best recommendations would come during an in-office consultation and examination some recommendations can be presented.

The degree of laxity and fullness in the lower face and neck would be best treated with a lower face and neck lift.  Non-surgical treatments, such as Kybella or Ultherapy, etc., would only produce limited improvement in this particular instance.

The attached link and website provides more information.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Neck lift options

Tightening devices like the Profound could give you a subtle improvement.  The thing that would likely make you happiest would be to perform a vertical vector deep plane lift.  this gives the most natural and significant results with the longest duration.  

Ben Talei, MD

Suggestions for Neck Tightening

Unfortunately, on the basis of these pictures. I feel you will get limited improvement without a full face lift including a neck lift. Consult with an experienced rejuvenation surgeon to discuss these procedures and establish reasonable expectations. 

Do not waste your time and money on non-surgical neck procedures. They will produce a very modest change in your neck. This will be a poor return on that investment. The only truly effective and good value for your efforts isa full neck lift/lower facelift. The change will be striking but will require some recovery.

Lower face and neck lift surgery candidate

The photographs demonstrate fatty deposits in the neck, a short platysma, and inelastic skin and jowls. A lower face and neck lift can accomplish removing fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle, tightening  the platysma muscle in the neck in 3 locations, lifting the SMAS and the jowls, and tightening loose facial and neck skin. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Face/neck lift

Based on your pictures, I would not advise any non surgical option for your neck.
You would benefit the most from a face and neck lift.  Its best to seek a personal consultation
with a well qualified surgeon.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon