My Impants feel like they are in my arm pits, will they become centered or is this a complication? (photos)

My Impants feel like they are in my arm pits. I'm 11 days post op breast lift with 335cc silicone gel under the muscle. Will they fall more in to the center or is this a complication

Implants too far to the side

Thank you for your breast implant question.

• Although it is early after your surgery, the photos suggest that the implant pocket is lateral,
  • It appears that the implants are in fact sitting off to the side,
  • Discuss this with your plastic surgeon as to his/her thoughts and how to approach this.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.

IMPLANT MALPOSTION

Thank you for your pictures.  Even though it is early in your recovery it is unlikely that the implants will "fall" to the center.  You will need a revision after 3 months or so.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD,DDS, FACS

Lateralized implants

Your implants do appear to be slightly lateral.  It is impossible to say whether this is because of your pre existing breast shape  without your pre photos.  Some patients have breasts that are very lateral to begin with along with a chest wall that is very convex.  Address your concerns with your surgeon, there may be some revision surgery that can help pull them closer to the middle. 

Breast implants displaced to the side

Based on your photographs your implants do appear to be laterally displaced to the side.  This can certainly because by a breast implant pocket that is too far laterally displaced.  Please see your plastic surgeon and express your concerns.

Open wound in tummy tuck incision. What kind of treatment?

Appears as lateral displaced breasts tissue with the implants. A before photo posting would help us see the result. My over the internet guess is you were already laterally displaced but need a before photo... 

Armpit implants

I would be curious to see your preop pictures. it looks like you only had a peroareolar mastopexy.  be patient things will look different in six months. but I would stay in touch with your sugeon and keep him informed of your concerns

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Implants feel like they are under the arms

There is significant swelling after breast augmentation surgery and the shape, feel, and look of the implants can be unsettling for patients. It can take weeks for edema to resolve and for the implants for to start to settle and months before the final results are apparent. Your specific questions are beyond the scope of this forum. Please discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Timothy Connall, MD

Patience

This is one of the hardest things for us as patients- to have patience! In this era of Facebook, cell phones and instant
messages it's hard to remember that healing requires time! From these photos it is difficult to be certain what is going on, but it is usually too soon to tell at only 2 weeks post-op.  If you haven't spoken to your surgeon it certainly can't hurt to start a discussion with them now.  Preoperative breast position does dictate post op location so it is helpful to evaluate where you started before surgery. Your surgeon is best able to explain your recovery process and what is happening at each stage. So hang in there!

Laura L. Bennett, MD
Abilene Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant results

It looks llike you just had surgery.  Give them time to settle down a bit.  Did you only have a circumareola procedure?