Best technique for achieving long term breast lift results?

I am 55, with large breasts (36G) with significant ptosis. No implants or previous breast surgery. I am searching for the right doctor for a lift and reduction. I don't want a traditional lift where the skin is the only thing holding up the breast tissue. What is the best technique for achieving maximum long term lift? I am researching slings/internal bras, as well as the Refine Breast Suspension System. Please help me weed through the options. Thank you.

Best breast lift

will vary by what your expectations are.  If you want a fake look, the only way you can reliably get that is with a reduction augmentation so that most of your volume is now implant.  And when you have to get rid of the implants, it will leave you with little native tissue.  Otherwise if a natural look is good, any procedure that 'autoaugments' your mound by shifting the lower tissue to the upper pole will work for you.  And as you wisely have appreciated, a skin only mastopexy is a waste of your dollars and a black eye for plastic surgeons that would do that to you, knowing your results will bottom out down the road.  Good luck!

Breast Reduction Is Your Answer

Don't be fooled, internal slings, sutures, and mesh have not proven to be effective, and there is no technique that stands alone as superior to others, especially these named techniques promoted by individual surgeons. What is known to minimize dropout and maximize the durability of your breast lift results is having smaller breasts. In many cases, a subpectoral implant can be used to restore some volume and improve shape. 

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in cosmetic breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS