I'm afraid I damaged my muscle repair. Really stressed out. (Photo)

I'm 7 days post op. Full tummy tuck, liposuction, and muscle repair. I have been laughing since 1 day post op. I try keeping it to a minimum but sometimes it's hard to avoid. My husband, kids, and mother are hilarious people so I can't contain myself.. And when I try not laughing, it just makes me laugh more. Usually I feel tightness, tension and some pain during my laughing episodes. I'm afraid I have messed up my muscle repair or that my muscles tore from the sutures. Please help. Thanks

No one should stress out after surgery

because you're supposed to have 24/7 access to your surgeon following a procedure.  Laughing alone would not place you on my list of concerns following tummy tucks.  When the suture line fails, it usually comes apart like those strings you pull of bags of rice or pet food... and your tummy will protrude more than it did prior to that sensation.  So its unlikely but you should always check with your surgeon.

I'm afraid I damaged my muscle repair. Really stressed out.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history and details of your surgery.Unless you specifically felt your sutures tear through, then most likely your sutures are still holding firm. Congratulations on your recent surgery.

Dr Derby

You are still very much in your post op process, so no worries. Lets give it some time and then discuss with your surgeon if results are they way its supposed to be. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD