2 c-sections and have a dropped stomach? I was told there is nothing can be done!

I was wondering is there anything you can do for 2 c-section and a dropped stomach.i also lost weight through a [y- surgery]gastic bypass 2012 i lost 47 lbs.since then but still have more weight to go. but i have stayed the same weight for 2 yrs. now! i'm self conscious of the weight around my mid section .i cannot wair tee shirt it has to be long. but no matter what i wair it does not look good.i feel i need a tummy tuck? not sure.what to do.any advice is welcomed

Hi- 

Without photos its difficult to give you a reasonable recommendation but sounds like you would do excellently with a body contouring procedure like an abdominopalslty or tummy tuck. Congratulations on losing the weight, depending on how your body has responded to the weight loss you may benefit from a circumferential procedure to address your entire torso. Good Luck!

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Based on your description, you may be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  You did not mention who told you "there is nothing that can be done". Obviously, the source of your information will be very important.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.