Uneven and low looking boobs, rock hard tummy 17 days post op mommy makeover (Photo)

I'm 158cm 46kg 3 kids. I did my breast augmentation and mini tummy tuck on 29/11/2015.tummy is still rock hard below the waist, is this normal? No liquid present or pain. My breasts look so ugly. I cried last night just looking at them.My doctor put 215cc 410mm anatomical moderate projection on the left and 255cc 410mf high projection on the right. Is this normal for now?Will my breast change shape overtime?The bottom part looks angular and not round. Should I choose a bigger implant last time?

Breast Asymmetry Post Mommy Makeover

#Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.

But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Uneven and low looking boobs, rock hard tummy 17 days post op mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  You are very early in your recovery from surgery.  Your breasts will change over the next 6 months.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Mommy Makeover recovery

You are literally in the infancy of your recovery. Your breasts can take anywhere from 3-6 months to fully heal and drop/settle and the swelling from a tummy tuck may even take a bit longer. So, for now, be patient. If things don't improve/change in the next week, share your concerns with your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Abnormal shape of breast shortly after mommy makeover surgery.

It's early after your operation. From the photograph provided I don't see anything that should cause alarm. There will be changes in your breast over the ensuing weeks.

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photographs.  I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated, but you are still only recently out from surgery and over the next several months you will have significant changes to the appearance of your breasts as your soft tissues accommodate to the new volume of your implants.  I know waiting is hard, but give your results a few months to mature before assessing your outcome.  

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Mommy makeover

It is a very difficult time just over 2 weeks after surgery. If there is no fluid in your abdomen then I would say do not worry, it takes time for all of this swelling to go away. The same for your breasts. I always tell my patients don't look at final results for at least 3 months. Things become much softer and smoother and you'll feel much happier about all of this. I would certainly not change anything before 4-6 months, because likely all of your concerns will be gone. Hang in there it will get better!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with breast augmentation 17 days post-surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• The first few weeks of surgical recovery are hard on everyone -
  • There is no need to be in tears.
  • Things will improve a lot as swelling subsides.
  • As for the asymmetry - your breasts's shapes are the same as before surgery - the larger one being angled and sitting lower.
  • The size difference is much reduced. 
  • Give yourself six months to judge your final result - chances are you will be very happy.
  • By the way, the hardness where the tummy surgery was done is normal..
  • Let your surgeon know your concerns so you can following your progress as a team.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on your photo of your breasts pre-op, it is not surprising that they look as they do now (asymmetrical).  I tell my patients to wait about three months before assessing the results of their breast augmentations though.  This is due to the fact that swelling needs to subside and the implants need to drop into place.  I would recommend that if you are still dissatisfied with your results at that point to discuss a revision with your operating surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Give yourself time

Please be patient, don't be thinking about "next time" until you are completely healed from this time.  You will be swollen for 6-8 weeks, and final results can not be assessed until 4-6 months.  Your breast were asymmetric to start with, I think the size looks good but the slight difference in droop and nipple height will probably persist without a lift (and I would have told you not to do a lift).  Just try to relax and talk to your surgeon about your concerns. Jane