Is this the dreaded capsular contracture? (Photo)

I am 6 months post op. I had BA & BL with 275cc mentor mod plus in March. My right breast just never seemed to drop. I have been very patient but now it appears to be creeping higher and is a little square and firm on the top and looks like my old breast tissue just hangs off the bottom. I've followed all my surgeons post op instructions including no excersise for 2 months, no underwire bra for 6 months and daily massage. Is this capsular contracture?

Is this a capsular contracture?

HI Kate,  It is possible that you have a capsular contracture on the right side. On the other hand,I have seen implants continue to soften up even up to a year after surgery. The best course of action now would be to re-visit your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him/her.Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Is this the dreaded capsular contracture?

It is possible that you have some scar tissue, but there is no way to know without an exam.  See you surgeon for an in person exam to determine the cause of the problem.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD