Is a third rhinoplasty possible when cartilage grafts were used in my second surgery?

I am still unhappy with my nose. My 2nd surgery was an 'open rhinoplasty' and was more invasive. Cartilage crafts were used but the tip is still large and long. Can I still have the tip refined?

Another revision rhinoplasty may be possible

Thank you for your inquiry. It may be possible to have the tip refined, but you would need to consult an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist in person so s/he can examine you and look at your whole case in detail. Look for a facial plastic surgeon who has a strong aesthetic sense and the talent and experience to refine the nose as needed. Ask for before and after photos of previous patients. And be sure to get second and third opinions. Keep in mind that revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging of all cosmetic surgeries, and each time a rhinoplasty is done, it becomes increasingly complex. There are many factors involved, so your nose may not turn out exactly the way you want the third time either.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is feasible

But you must know that very few surgeons are able to accomplish such delicate work of dismantling a nose build with grafts and having non-natural anatomy preserving the structures.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Dear Ricoe11

A third rhinoplasty is certainly possible but without a specific understanding of what you want and the limits of what can be achieved surgically you might still not be happy with your results. You next move should be going on more than one consult, discussing what you want and what can be achieved and then deciding if revision will help you.
Look for expereinced and board certified plastic Surgeon. Make an educated decsiosn.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Third revision rhinoplasty

A third revision rhinoplasty is possible, as long as you very specific goals in mind about  what you would like to refine  on the nose. Revision rhinoplasty is extremely complicated, so it is best to choose a revision rhinoplasty specialist based on experience.