My right jaw/cheek is thicker then my left - it seems to have progressed in time. (photo)

Facial asymmetry

Every person has some degree of facial asymmetry in which one side of the face is smaller or different than the other. This difference is most often bony in origin, meaning our skulls are different from side to side. 

This is also totally normal. Even people considered the most attractive, for example Angelina Jolie, have significant asymmetry. Augmenting your looks can be helped by correcting some of the asymmetry but one should respect it as well, because making your jawline bigger to match the other side will throw the dimensions of the side off when it's compared to the cheek or eye on that side. 

See a good physician with an understanding of how the face should look before doing anything drastic. 

Phoenix Dermatologist

Right jaw/cheek is thicker then my left - it seems to have progressed in time.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front) and the mandibular angles are weak with a general decrease in size/volume on the left side of the face.  The degree of asymmetry shown is well within what can be considered as normal and making your face more symmetrical alone would not make it more attractive.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with dermal fillers or cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Symmetrical Solutions with facial fillers (voluma, juvederm), sculptra, fat

Everyone has some facial asymmetries, however symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. I recommend getting a consultation with a facial contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jaw Asymmetry

You do have obvious jaw asymmetry with the right side being bigger than the left. Depending upon which side you prefer, it can be treated for improved symmetry. (right side reduction vs left side augmentation. A 3D CT scan would be needed before surgery to measure the actual differences between the two sides.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD