I've had IPL done to my bikini while pregnant; have I caused harm to my baby?

Thanks for your query. Any sort of laser is contraindicated in pregnancy. You should check with your OBGY for the same. One session generally doesn’t harm still you can just check with your OBGY. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

IPL during pregnancy

Hello, and thanks for your question. There are no good studies on safety of IPL during pregnancy, so out of caution I do not treat women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. However, based on the technology, it seems very unlikely that there would be any harm, so I would not worry. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL while pregnant

You and your fetus are fine. IPL is a very superficial treatment depth and cannot harm your developing fetus. Don't worry. If you have questions ask your provider or your OB. We don't recommend treatments while people are pregnant but it happens all the time that someone will get a treatment and then confirm their pregnancy. It is ok. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

IPL and pregnancy

IPL will not harm your baby, but if you are concerned see a cosmetic dermatologist with expertise.  Best, Dr. Emer.

IPL while pregnant

Thank you for your question sunnie star. IPL is a treatment that can address a number of concerns. The safety and efficacy of IPL treatments has not been tested on women who are pregnant or breast feeding. For this reason in our office we do not treat women who are pregnant or breast feeding. I am sorry that we do not have a better answer for your question. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician