I had a baby may 2016, and I'd like to know how soon I can have a TT and/or lipo ( or any other fat reduction suggestions) .

I have back fat... Tummy fat... Neck fat... Thigh and butt fat... Pretty much everywhere but those are my heaviest areas. I weigh 195 lbs and am 5'6, 32 and a mother of 1. I'm also thinking of breast augmentation

Timing of mommy makeover surgery after pregnancy?

Thank you for the question. Based on your history and description, you will likely be a good candidate for “mommy makeover” surgery at some point.  Best to wait at least 6 months to one year prior to seeking consultation with board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly as well. Make sure that you are aware that this operation is associated with a very significant physical and emotional recovery period. 
Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  For most patients in your situation I also use liposuction surgery as a contouring tool, most often used in the flank areas, mid-epigastric areas and pubic areas. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you wait 6-12 months after you finish breastfeeding.  This will give your body time to heal and recover as well as lose your pregnancy weight. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon#RealSelfCORESurgeon

How soon can I have a TT and/or lipo?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your baby!  I would recommend waiting at least six months from the time of your delivery or cessation of breast feeding before any body contouring procedure.  You need to allow the tissues to return to their new normal, not being influenced by the hormones of pregnancy and mild production.  This will permit more consistent and predictable results.  Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend waiting six months.  If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Had a baby may 2016, and I'd like to know how soon I can have a TT and/or lipo

Congratulations on your recent delivery.  Most plastic surgeons suggest that you finish having children and get your weight within 10 pounds of your ideal weight before undergoing an abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles and liposuction of selective areas, and have a BMI of 30 or less in order to achieve the best long term cosmetic result with the least potential complications.

You will get a variety of answers about how long to wait after childbirth before having a mommy makeover. “Mommy makeovers” include many different combinations and mean different things to different patients, including a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and/or lift, and liposuction of selective areas.. There are numerous reasons to wait a minimum of 6 months after delivery in order to get the best cosmetic result
with the lowest risk of complications: ·        Your body, including your abdomen is still changing. ·        You may have not lost all of your pregnancy weight. ·        You cannot lift the baby postoperatively for weeks after a “mommy makeover”. The number of  weeks depending on the extent of the procedures performed. ·        You will need additional support at home to take of the baby as well as you. I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon