Grade II-III ptosis and breast augmentation. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi I have been told off different surgeons I have grade II and another surgeon grade III ptosis. Some surgeons suggest I need a lift aswell as implants, and other surgeons say my nipples are In line and I can get away with just implants. I do not want the scarring and was wondering wether breast implants will fill out and help this case?

Implant with or without lift?

I can understand why you have had different opinions. Your nipples do not sit at the very bottom of your breasts, and do not point down, so if you are willing to accept some compromise in shape and a slightly lower breast, then you may get a result you are happy with, with implants alone.  An in person consultation with measurements would be necessary to give a firm opinion.   However for optimal perkiness and shape, a lift would be necessary.  I show patients before and after pictures of both scenarios to help them decide. There is also an element of unpredictability that you need to be aware of.  If you choose implants alone, you will have to wait for the implants to settle for a few months to get an attractive shape.

Implant vs lift and implant

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture implant and lift will give optimal results. It is always a personal evaluation best way to assess.

Ven Erella, MD

Suggestions on breast augmentation (with lift).

Hi, tashalou.
Thanks for your question and photos.
In-person evaluation will alway be better to accurately assess and to give you a more meaningful recommendation.
Based on your photos, you have grade II ptosis.  You will benefit from breast augmentation with lift.
Please select your plastic surgeon carefully. 
Choose an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Grade II-III ptosis and breast augmentation. Any suggestions?

Grade 3 ptosis means the nipples are at the very bottom of the breast, clearly not your situation. Grade 2 ptosis means the nipples are lower than the fold.Your photo is not adequate to make that determination. Based solely on your limited photos I think you might be disappointed without some type of lift, but you can always choose the augment alone (you would definitely need a dual plane technique to have a chance at an acceptable appearance) and do a lift later if you like.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

To lift or not to lift that is the question...

Hi, 
Please know that breast implants alone (in your case) will not give you the youthful/perky/fullness most women desire. In your case, implants without a lift will only make your low lying breasts lower and more difficult to correct in the future. I understand your hesitance in not wanting a lift. The scars are visible and the lifts are weak relying on skin envelope alone to keep the breasts in place. The Horndeski Method breast lift technique does not require a vertical scar nor implants to give you upper pole fullness. It secures the newly shaped and repositioned breast on to your chest muscles providing a long term lift. Please visit the breast lift w/implants revision forum on this site to learn about the risks and complications associated with vertical scar techniques. 
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Hi.. thank you for the question and photo.. in other to correct the breast ptosisand asymmetry ... a breast lift is needed i suggest with implants in your case to improve the upper pole.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Breast shape variants and breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you.

Breast development can occur at different rates on different women. You have two different sized and shaped breast mounds. Your single picture is not ideal to fully evaluate your situation but you basically have two options, implants is the firsts and the second is do you want a lift on the right side. Your left side looks like it should be fine.

Take a look at the link below you will see women just like you who after considering the lift vs no lift, opted for no lift and they have really nice results. They just have some minor asymmetry.  Now if you look at those pictures and this is not what you want, then there is your answer. You need a small lift on the one side to make it match the other side.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Michael J. Brown, MD
Ashburn Plastic Surgeon

Breast shaping options

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I see asymmetry of the areola size and position as well as breast size and position.  A breast augmentation may be able to help with the breast size asymmetry to some extent but will not address the other asymmetries listed.  A breast lift in combination with a breast augmentation would be needed to address all of the asymmetries listed.  Although the extra incisions and potential scarring is objectionable to some, when done well the scars should be nearly invisible.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast options

The photo you submitted is only part of the puzzle that your plastic surgeon will use. The side views are also very helpful. It really depends on the look you are going for. If you were to show me a picture of what you expect your breasts to look like, it would be possible to determine the type of procedure that would meet your expectations. A breast lift would be necessary on the right breast to decrease the size of your areola and elevate it a touch. So it is not possible to give you a complete answer without the missing pieces.

Jay H. Ross, MD, FACS
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift versus Breast Augmentation

Without a side view and, more importantly, without seeing you in person, it's impossible to give you a truly accurate answer. Based on your photos, your right areola is definitely bigger than your left, but it's hard to tell if your nipples are in line. If you are really adverse to the scarring of a breast lift, you trust your surgeon, and you are ok with your areola asymmetry, then go for the implant alone. The extra volume will give you a slight lift but whether that will make you happy truly depends on what you are willing to live with. I hope this helps and good luck.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD