Flying after breast augmentation?

Hi Would it be fine to fly after having a breast augmentation done one week ago? It will be under the muscle and the plane ride is from Perth to Miami. So Perth - Dubai, 11 hours, stop for four hours and then Dubai to Miami 13 hours. Will I be safe?

Flying after Augmentation

You will still be sore, swollen and healing at only one week out. It would be best to wait an additional week if possible. You will also want to avoid lifting any heavy luggage or bags, which can be hard to do when traveling. Of course, ask your surgeon what they think. 

Long haul flights

I think that is pushing it at only one week - 2 weeks should be fine once cleared by your surgeon but you should wear DVT prophylaxis stockings and avoid lifting above your head ( putting bags into the overhead ) and any heavey lifting whatsoever 

Flying after a breast augmentation - seek your surgeon's advice

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  I would highly recommend following up with your operating surgeon with regards to your post-operative care.  Since he/she is most familiar with your surgical case and medical history, your surgeon would be best qualified to advise you on whether or not these long flights are ok and what, if any, precautions should be taken.  Please follow up with your doctor.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Post Op Flying

It is best for you to clear this with your operating surgeon as they know your case the best. Your overall health and risk factors will factor in to the recommendation you are given.

All the best 

Flying after breast augmentation?

Long trip. Be sure you discuss before the surgery with your surgeon so that they may discuss safety issues on a long flight like this.