Can I get breast implants if I am pregnant but going to have an abortion a couple weeks after I get implants?

im 4weeks pregnant and i am getting breast implants next week however i am going to have an abortion a couple weeks after my surgery. will i still be able to get breast implants while pregnant if i am going to have an abortion?

You need to discuss with your surgeon

I would not do your surgery for several reasons and I'm quite certain that anesthesia would not agree to your surgery. Your unborn child is most vulnerable to drugs during the first trimester. If something prevented your abortion and you had to go to term it could result in a birth defect. The abortion is not a completely sterile procedure and could adversely effect a recent breast augmentation.

Frederick Plastic Surgeon

PREGANCY

Pregnancy is a contraindication for any elective procedure such as a Breast Augmentation.  I would terminate your pregnancy first then schedule your surgery.  I would highly recommend you contact your surgeon as soon as possible.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants while pregnant

I would not operate on you while pregnant.  Regardless of you opting to have an abortion, there are too many risks.  If you choose to have an abortion, you should do that prior to breast augmentation.

I doubt many if any plastic surgeons in the US would perform an elective procedure under anesthesia in someone who is pregnant regardless of the circumstances of the planned termination.  I suspect your surgeon will feel the same way and the breast augmentation will be postponed until after the termination and after your HcG returns to normal.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

It will likely depend on which plastic surgeon you speak to. In my practice, I would not perform elective breast surgery while you are pregnant. There are too many variables involved including the potential that you will have a change of mind when it comes to completion of the pregnancy.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. You need to discuss this and person with her plastic surgeon and make certain that the surgeon is aware of your plans.  Personally my concern would be that  having abortion soon after breast augmentation would raise the risk of possible infection or capsular contracture around your breast implants.  My preference would be that you had the abortion prior to having breast implantation.  Of course the decision rests between you and your plastic surgeon.