Breast after 11 weeks, right one still stronger and more up, I had 275 cc round implants left and right 300cc (Photo)

Dose it look normal? I know I had different boobs before as well, but I did not thing that they stay that different and i was told that they will settle but not the right one...very sad

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Cohesive Gel Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implant symmetry

Hello 

Thank you for your question. It's best to have an in person exam with your board certified plastic surgeon. They can better assess and are able to conduct further assessments if needed. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast after 11 weeks, right one still stronger and more up, I had 275 cc round implants left and right 300cc

Best to see your operating surgeon to access what is going on in person. While you started with some asymmetry, you could have capsular contracture. Best of Luck.

Revision

Thank you for your question and photos.  The right breast seems to be the problematic one.  It could be possible that you are experiencing capsular contracture but this would need to be verified by your operating surgeon during an in-person evaluation.  If that is not the case, you may need to have the fold of that breast lowered to improve the symmetry of your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

One implant higher than the other

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.  From your photos, there are a few possibilities that might explain the result.  First, if these implants were placed beneath the muscle it is possible that there was incomplete division of the muscle fibers in the right breast.  Typically when the implant is placed beneath the muscle, the attachments along the lower edge of the breast are divided to allow the implant to settle into the appropriate anatomical position.  If the muscle is incompletely divided - especially when compared to the other side - the result can be a high-riding implant.  Second, you may be seeing the result of your preoperative anatomy being exaggerated.  If your fold was naturally higher on the right side and that fold was not adjusted at the time of surgery, it can hold your implant in a higher position.  Third, you may have an early onset capsular contracture.  Fourth, it also appears from your photo that your left implant may have slightly bottomed out which is exaggerating the difference.  Each of these possibilities obviously would require an examination to confirm but each can be addressed with revision surgery.  I would advise you to discuss with your surgeon.  Good luck!

11 weeks post op

Based on the photos you have provided, it appears that you may have more than one issue. The left implant may be settled slightly too low, and the right still high. The reasons for that would require and in-person exam and assessment with your Plastic Surgeon. I recommend that you follow up with them and let them advise you about next steps.

All the best

One implant not settling

Hello, occasionally one implant will fail to settle into normal position, but there are way to improve this with a secondary operation.  Your surgeon will be able to discuss the details with you.

Breast asymmetry

Hi, Annett
From your photos, you seem to have capsular contracture of the right breast.
Please talk with your plastic surgeon or a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to be evaluated in-person and to discuss the options for revision surgery.
Best regards.

Post Op #BreastAugmentation Results

From your photo, it appears that you have an undescended breast implant of a capsular contracture. You should return to your doctor to see about a revision surgery. The specifics will depending upon your clinical exam. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

At 3 months post-op your appearance may be normal for what was done

So sorry to hear how sad you are after your surgery, but don't lose hope, I think there is a relatively straightforward solution.  Even though there may still be some changes that occur to the breasts with more time, based upon what I see here, I would not expect the issues that you are seeing to spontaneously resolve.  I see exactly what you are talking about, with your right breast implant sitting much higher than your left, and it is interesting that you use the word "stronger" as applied to the right side to describe the difference between them.  That is in essence what I think is actually going on.  While it is entirely possible that you may be experiencing early capsule contracture on the right, in which the scar tissue capsule that forms around a breast implant shrinks and contracts and often pushes the implant upward, based upon what I see in your pre- and postop photos, I think it's something entirely different.  What I see is that you did in fact have a noticeable difference in your breasts preop, and that difference is showing up entirely predictably postop, especially if your surgeon did not account for those things that created that difference when the implants were put in.  Your right breast was not only smaller than the left, but the dimensions were very different.  While the nipples were more or less on level, the lower pole tissues, the bottom of the breasts, were very different.  The inframammary folds, where the breast connects to the body underneath, were noticeably different; the right was much higher than the left.  Even your tan lines indicate this.  Additionally, with that we also have the fact that the length of the skin and breast tissue from the nipple to the lower fold on the left is longer than on the right.  Thus, when that longer skin envelope is filled and stretched out to length with the implants, not only is the fold lower, but the implant has more room to "settle into," and it sits lower on the chest wall.  The reason why the left implant still seems higher is that the fold position was not adjusted and nothing was done to force the implant to a lower level.  The surgeon merely placed implants, albeit a slightly larger one on the right, at exactly the same asymmetrical inframammary folds that were there already, and as a result the same asymmetry exists.  In fact, it may look slightly worse because the implant on the right is larger, which means a fuller, more projecting implant is now being held at a higher point on the chest wall creating more of an asymmetry.

The good news is that I think this can be corrected in a fairly straightforward way, but it will involve more surgery.  What has to happen is that the right inframammary fold needs to be adjusted downward to match the level of the left.  This will allow the implant to be repositioned to a lower location symmetrical with the left, and this in turn will correct the overprotection at the upper part of the breast as well as the centering and direction of the nipple on the breast.  The trick in doing this is to stabilize the new inframammary fold internally so that the implant doesn't go too far downward with time and "bottom out."  The fear that this may happen is probably the biggest reason why surgeons avoid or neglect to lower the inframammary fold, but the problem is that you can't stick your head in the sand - avoiding a repositioning of the inframammary fold doesn't make the problem go away, and as we've seen, proceeding with the placement of implants without addressing the problem and the asymmetry usually only makes things more noticeable.  Thus, what should be done is that the fold should be adjusted, and it should be adjusted in the right way to prevent any further problems.

My best advice at this point is to have an open discussion with your surgeon about your concerns and allow him or her to re-evalute things as they are at this point.  These things that I am discussing really require a personal examination to fully evaluate and tell if it's capsule contracture we're dealing with, or if it's more the malposition issue that I have mentioned.  If you don't feel that a rational approach to your concerns is being offered, it is perfectly acceptable to get a second (or third) opinion to see what your best options are.  You should always consult with board certified plastic surgeons who have lots of experience in breast augmentation surgery, and preferably revisionary surgery too, as that will be the best way for you to learn about all of your options to address your concerns.  Good luck!