Going bigger, any suggestions?

Hey guys, so I'm 20 years old, in January 2016 I had breast augmentation and lift, my left boob was a size dd which was very very droopy so I had a reduction in that and a lift and on my right boob I had a lift because that was about a d size. I really want to go bigger about back to a dd or so, and I want to do it before my 21st which is in feb. I would really love to know how long do I have to wait until I can get implants and what sizes are the cc that confuses me. Thanks

Going bigger, any suggestions?

You should wait 3 to 6 months after surgery. Sizing an implant will based on your goals and the measurements of your breasts. You will need to meet with a plastic surgeon in person to choose the specific implant size.

Going bigger, any suggestions?

We ask patients to wait 3 months after a lift to do an augmentation. Breast implant choices are made after a thorough consultation and examination. The number of ccs in an implant does not correlate with a bra cup size. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Going bigger, any suggestions?

Thank you for the question. Although the device would require in-person evaluation, it is generally best to wait at least 3 to 6 months after breast lift ( once all incisions have fully healed)  before undergoing a second stage breast augmentation procedure.  Sometimes, during the breast augmentation procedure, the previous breast lift procedure can be revised to improve the final outcome.

There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. For example, in my opinion, I do not think that the generalizations of "150 cc or 200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or is helpful in any specific way. There are simply too many variables such as a specific patient's dimensions and the variability in bra manufacturer's cup sizes… 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Sometimes, it is necessary to seek several consultations before you feel comfortable about your choice.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D o DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, best not to discuss your goals and/or judge the outcome of the procedure performed based on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process. The use of in bra sizers may also be helpful. In other words, use as many “visual aids” as possible during the communication process. I encourage patients to meet with me as my times as necessary, to feel comfortable that we are both on the “same page”.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.